Review by rsisinni
Good "In the distant past they used to have good support."
- Location: Mississauga,ON
- Cost: $99 per month
Bad "speed, support, unwillingness to offer fair solutions."
Overall "time to find another provider."
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
(ratings below consensus)
I have the DSL/6 package however I was only getting 2 megabits instead of 6, that is well below acceptable. And then I had then trying to get something about it done just cost me money.. and the proposed solution was to spend more money.
Here is the timeline. Used the direct form to report the bad speeds, I waited for well over 12 hours for a response, I saw the they didn't deal with my issue and newer posts than mine were being responded to. I explained my modem was at the demarc. The demarc is inside the house. They send a bell tech, this is where things go off the rails. They run a test and tell me its my wires, well I think thats B.S. here is why. They hook up my modem only no other wiring just the modem straight to the demarc, and it fails, they tell me its my modem, but i have tried up three different modems myself directly on the demarc, house wires disconnected, none of them were able to better than 2mbs.
Well now the service call will cost $89, since bell says the problem is on my side, there is no solution and they only thing teksavvy offers to do is to switch me to cable, that sounds reasonable to me, until I find out they want me to pay a sign/activation fee I will have to buy a new modem.. and the monthly costs is more. What the heck are you guys thinking?? How about switching me over and compensating me for the service not provided, in the form of no activation fee, provide me with a modem.
So in order to placate me they finally decide to switch my profile, but instead of doing something reasonable like trying 4 or 3mbs, to see if the modem performs better, they switch it down to 1.5???,
Does anybody else understand teksavvys logic, I don't. What kind of diagnostic skills and customer service is that, how about doing a binary search for the best performance mark. I was getting 2 mbs my profile was set to 5, I was not getting disconnects, so hey how about trying setting the profile to something in the middle??? If it gets better try higher, if it gets worse/stays the same try lower???,
So in the end, I now have to go through the hassle of switching my internet my parents internet and my home phone away from TSI, as no reasonable solution has been offered to me.
One more thing, switching to cable they did offer a "discount" for the modem and activation fee, together the cost totaling $100.00.
So I hope you understand that If you have a connection problem with TSI, they may not be able to deliver, and they seem to be in no position to remedy some issues, an are unwilling to fairly remedy problems. I refuse to have to pay an additional $100 on top of the $89 service call to have this issue resolved.
member for 4.6 years, 11 visits, last login: 1.1 years ago
lodged 1.3 years ago
| |TSI AndreGot TekSavvy?Premium,VIP
My 2 cents... Hi rsisinni,
I am sorry that your experience has been bad with us. As Liz mentioned, she is looking into your account and she will get back to you shortly.
I looked into your post and I wanted to clarify a few things
1) Although we strive for excellent customer service, we will not always succeed. There will always be learning curves with staffing and the evolution of the industry and the curve balls we sometimes get from the incumbents. We do try our best to make things work.
2) Over the past few weeks, you will have noticed that our presence on DSLr has been greatly increased as we recognize the need to keep our customers happy and to have a great online presence. You during the night time, and unfortunately, at this time, our E-Services team is not operating on a 24/7 basis. We do however offer a 24/7 phone support. (Yes, wait times are higher than usual, and we are working on getting them down)
3) Based on your comments, I honestly doubt that you will be billed the $89.70+tax DMC (Diagnostic Maintenance Fee). If you do, please let me know and I will personally investigate as if you are able to get service using different modems at the demarc.
4) As for the profile change, I want you to understand that we do not control which profile you are placed on. We can only ask for it to be adjusted and they never take our suggestion of what it should be at. Sometimes, this can be frustrating as we need to go back and forth with them on multiple tickets to get it just right. I want you to understand that we do not dictate your profile, Bell does
All we can do is just keep fighting!
5) When an issue seems to persist, whether its with DSL or Cable, we often offer our client the opportunity to make the change. In those cases, and depending on the severity of the issues, we work with our clients to make the financial aspect a little less of a burden. Now, that being said, I am sure there is more that I can help you with in regards to the switch if that is what you are willing to do. If you are, let me know, and I will make something happen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I hope that you will consider not leaving us and allow us the opportunity to make this right by you. By any means, we are not perfect, but we certainly get an A+ for Effort and Caring.
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!
Response. I will be reiterating a lot of what Andre was saying, as much as we work to provide the best customer service around, situations can arise that leave the customer dissatisfied. The great thing about having an E-Service department, is we get to see reviews like this and work not only to improve your situation, but to stop it from happening to other customers.
With that said, E-Services is not a 24/7 service, and so when something is sent late at night, we may not be able to answer it until morning. I was the one to respond to you in that matter, and did so within the first 30 minutes of my shift. However, it's very possible I may have answered a newer post before yours and I apologize for that. That was my mistake.
Concerning the charge, looking through the troubleshooting, and again as Andre stated, I do doubt you will be charged the DMC. If you are, there will definitely be someone looking into the matter between Andre and myself.
I hope you will consider staying and let us rectify this situation, whether it being trying to resolve your DSL or making your switch to cable more reasonable. We really do want to keep you as a customer.