TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by guyzie See Profile

• Location: Verdun,QC
Good "Bandwidth caps"
Bad "Their mistakes are YOUR problems!! BEWARE!!!"
Overall "Starting to look elsewhere for more reliable service"

After multiple bad encounters with rude and impatient customer service at Acanac, I decided it was enough and cancelled my service and signed up with Teksavvy.

My service initially went well so I planned on upgrading my service when they had their St-Patty's day promo with no cost to upgrade to one of their higher DSL packages. I asked explicitly three or four times if there would be any additional fees I would incur upon upgrading and was told "no" multiple times. They emailed me an invoice for additional fees a day before the service was going to be installed and when I discovered that they weren't being honest with me about those hidden fees I cancelled the upgrade before it went through. They wanted to re-charge me for another dry loop connection fee which I already had.

After that incident, 2-3 months later my internet stopped working. They claimed they made a mistake and asked Bell to cancel my service all together instead of just the upgrade. I had to take time off work to wait for them to reconnect the services, which was now running at HALF the speed I was getting before. I used to get close to 5mbps and now I'm getting 2.3mbps. The internet was working fine before they disconnected it.

Now they say that they will send a technician but that I could be responsible to pay close to $100 for any work done for a problem they caused. Instead of owning up to their error, and saying they'll fix the problem, they made me responsible for their mistakes and transfer all the financial risks to me. This is just shady business practices and raises some very questionable ethical concerns.

Going from one bad ISP (Acanac) to Teksavvy was in essence not much of a change. I was paying more for the promise of better customer service, but in the end I didn't get what I paid for.

Comments:

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

Sorry about this

Hi,

The 100$ fee is something that bell charges if the problem is essentially in the house. We do have to ask and advise you on every call as we do not want you to have a surprise at the end of it all. We are transparent.

As for the hidden fee, I'd like to understand more about that and if you could PM me I will look into this further for you and I will also look into your connection issue.

Let's get this resolved and keep you as client!

Thanks
Pierre A
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer
guyzie

join:2012-11-22
Verdun, QC

Re: Sorry about this

Hi Pierre,

I understand this, but for me, if the issue arises because of an error on part of TSI it should be something that they deal with and not just shift that burden onto the client.

And I resent the implication that the problem ever occured within the premises, because I was getting a strong, functioning service prior to the mess up. I've lived at this location for 2 years now, and there is NO internal wiring issue. Again this issue happened only AFTER the reconnection of my service.

There's only so much wasted time a person should be expected to give up for problems caused by others. (30 min phone waiting times, missing work to be home for Bell, testing modem at another location, etc.

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Re: Sorry about this

said by guyzie:

Hi Pierre,

If the issue was on our Teksavvy or Bells end the cost does not get shifted to the customer, it is only if it is on your end that this would be applicable (ie, modem, inside wiring) and we do our best to troubleshoot it with you before submitting anything off. We have to read that every single time we open up something with Bell.

People are currently in training to be hired which will help with the wait times significantly, as well our increased presence on forums, twitter, and facebook a like. I can understand your frustration with your time being spent, we are working to resolve this for customers.

If you have any issues we are available in the direct forum to help troubleshoot or answer any questions you may have.