TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by slidebite See Profile

• Location: Lethbridge,AB
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Great service once hooked up"
Bad "pre-install could have been a bit better"
Overall "A great alternative to Telus"

After the latest fiasco with Telus changing their DSL terms, I decided to change ISPs after being with Telus since the mid 90s. I discovered Teksavvy on these very forums and thought I'd give them a try. I went to their online tool to check for service which it said was available, so I then went into the Direct forums to qualify.

This is where the first issue against Teksavvy comes in - at first during qualification they told me it wasn't actually available which was disappointing. However, I received a PM the day after stating it was. So, I went back and set up the service. Not a biggie, but still.

I called Teksavvy and got a friendly helpful customer service rep. I immediately set up an online payment with my bank and put down my first month payment, install, and bought the Zyxel modem-router. We scheduled the install date to commence with my Telus cancellation which was approx 6 days away at this point.

Issue 2 - The day of my install, I still didn't have any service by late in the afternoon. Concerned, I followed up with Teksavvy and they said they screwed up - they made an error on my address for Telus so Telus rejected the install. Sigh. They apologized and set up a new installed date for the following week and said they'd stay on top of it. I was not happy about this, but what can you do.

Issue 3 - After a lack of follow ups as the day got close, I messaged them and got a confirmation from a support person. Then, I got a message saying it was rejected AGAIN because of an incorrect land line ph# - Teksavvy gave Telus my cell/daytime contact # instead of my landline.

I was unhappy at this point. However, Teksavvy without my asking escalated my concerns to a senior rep that was actually able to arrange a new install date a day earlier than the one that was just rejected. When that day came, it went off without a hitch. Telus completed the install early afternoon.

Since then, I have been very happy with my connection. I am on the 25/2 unlimited DSL plan and get about 23/2.8 so I am pleased and get what basically amounts to the same speeds as my old Telus plan.

At this point, it's been a week with no problems. I am also very happy with the Teksavvy sourced Zyxel router/modem. I will probably come back at future dates to amend/add on to this review as appropriate.

But so far, Teksavvys product is excellent. Once you're hooked up, you should be good to go.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2533913011.png

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response.

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I'm sorry to hear of all the issues in the beginning but thank you for patience and allowing us the chance to remedy the situation. I'm glad the service is working good for you -if you do have any questions or concerns feel free to get a hold of us anytime!

Liz

MarkBogus
No Regret
join:2000-12-11
Edmonton, AB
·TekSavvy DSL

Review Comment

Interestingly enough, I had the same sort of pre-install/install issues as the o/p when dealing with Teksavvy+Telus (Edmonton, see my Review for details)

However, once those were squared away, I could not be happier with the Qos and throughput.

Three months on and everything is running fine; not a hiccup from the Zyxel modem.
MB