TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by highspeedme See Profile

• Location: Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "Attempts to alleviate situation via this board"
Bad "Bell controls the high speed access priority, Teksavvy lower priority?"
Overall "Not able to get higher speed yet, but saving money in the long run."

update 27 March 2013 -

Thanks to Chris and Andre of Teksavvy, they were able to waive my activation fee and provide a month of credit to defray my additional costs.

I'm still connected at the same speed as before I switched to Teksavvy. A lot of trouble and dashed expectations, but I estimate that in 6 months, I will start saving money. Hopefully, Bell will free up some high speed access links to Teksavvy in my area, so I can spend more!

Additional notes:

Ordering modem was redirected for post office pickup. It may be easier to pick one up at Microbytes if that is the normal procedure.

If you are already connected up with Bell DSL, you can probably just hook everything up using the provided credentials. Maybe you had head off the installer by telling him everything was up and running. The guy that showed up at my home did not have a clue about the modem and just said to plug it in and it will work (NOT). You need to set it up using the provided CD. Choose bridge mode if you have your own router (with Speedtouch).

----------------------------------------------------
Original post

I just ordered high speed from Teksavvy. While waiting for the install, they updated the packages. The fees went down. Installation charge much less, monthly costs lower. I was informed that my second month (I had to prepay) will be at the lower rate, and there was nothing to be done about the higher installation fees. No consideration. Great way to start off, Teksavvy!!!!!

And it gets better. I cannot even the get 15mbit line speed. If I did not check and call their tech support, nobody would have informed me. Now I wasted one day at home, cancelled my other internet (change emails, etc), and I still have the same internet for a few dollars less. It will take a couple of years until I start seeing any savings. Thanks for nothing, Teksavvy.

Comments:

TSI Taunia
join:2012-11-22

Review

Hello,

Thank you for the review.

I do apologize for the inconveniences you have been put through. If the 15mbps package is not available and was not installed we would refund you the money you paid for that package. If you could provide us your account information to »TekSavvy Direct I can look into this for you.

Thanks you,

Taunia

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

We can make this right!

Hi highspeedme,

I assure you that we do care about the customer experience and due to all the changes happening, it is possible this situation has fallen through the cracks.

Can you please PM me as I would like to make this right by you and learn on how we can improve to avoid this going forward.

Thanks,

Andre
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23

Thank you!

We would like to thank you for providing the update. We are glad to see all has been resolved for you.

Best Regards,