TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by atmx093 See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Fast, affordable and reliable cable in Quebec. Unbeatable if you have a little background in networking."
Bad "Installation had to be paid upfront. Would have prefered paying AFTER installation like most other companies do."
Overall "Once you're past the sales part which is meh, you're in for some good times. Tech support is A+."

Had a highly unreliable DSL service through TSI, so decided to switch to cable because I was fed up.

Everybody was very friendly, but the sales part was a big letdown. First off, I was never let on that I was going to have to pay for the installation RIGHT NOW otherwise the order wouldn't be placed. I don't like paying for an installation that hasn't even occurred yet and with almost all providers, you pay for the installation AFTER the fact. I believe this practice is in conflict with l'Office de la Protection du Consommateur's rules, but oh well, I was desperate to get off DSL so I swallowed the pill and moved on.

The tech who came to do the install left immediately after the wiring was done. Didn't care that the connection worked or not, he was mandated to leave the premises as soon as wiring was completed. Of course the connection didn't work. He needed to use a splitter which he set up all kinds of wrong. I had to fix the problem myself.

The connection works like a charm, hasn't gone down a single time whereas my DSL by now would have crashed at least 50 times. The best thing? I now pay a little over HALF what I used to pay for my crappy DSL. I'll have my install covered well within a year!

-------------------

As of December 2014, the connection is still working great and apart from router or modem hiccups, I have yet to see it go down. Occasional slowdowns during peak hours, but nothing to complain about. TSI is still #1 for this guy.

Comments:

TSI Alan
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

Review

Thank you for your feedback.

Our apologies that the pre-pay install policy was not made clear at the time you placed your order, and the onsite tech did not confirm that the connection was operational before leaving. That is not the typical TekSavvy experience we strive to provide for our customers.

Good to hear that the cable connection has proved to be more stable for you.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee