TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Disc666 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Fantastic customer service, knowledgable staff with personalities. Good speed and unlimited bandwidth"
Bad "Nothing."
Overall "If Did not need cable I would have stayed with them. Cable was not available. I was actually sad to leave."

I knew right from the start that I wanted to go with Them. I used my own equipment and got an unlimited plan. Teksavvy is different than any other company I have been with. The reps really care and are actually a pleasure to speak with.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

Review

Hello Disc666,

Thank you for the wonderful review, I’m happy to read you are enjoying the service. This is fabulous!!! Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy journey we are always happy to hear from you.

Thanks again
Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee
Disc666

join:2013-05-10
Canada
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Review

Hi there. Actually as I mentioned in my review I ended up switching because I needed the faster speeds of cable which you guys do not provide in my area.i made this move about 2 months ago and seriously regret it and which I could switch back but of course I would have to pay another activation fee.

With Teksavvy I had an unlimited plan and rarely exceeded 200GB a month. I liked having the freedom of not having to worry about it though.

With the provider I switched to however, I always go over even when I'm careful. I'm convinced that thier metering is off.

All I can say is I miss you guys. If it weren't for having to pay another activation fee I would be back with you now but sadly I have to wait.

Truth in Use

@rogers.com

Re: Review

I don't understand the rave reviews...I am, again, sitting and waiting for tech help...their own technician couldn't set up the modem...he thought they had provided (in writing, in an email) the wrong username/password...I've been trying to get Teksavvy tech help...yesterday sat on hold for forty-five minutes, when they finally answered, there was time to quickly setup before I had to leave (was being picked up by a young family so couldn't delay) but he held me so long, despite my plea to forgo the standard initial questions (he could identify me by the caller id)....that I had to leave. He told me that a callback would be impossible later in the day because they were fully booked. So far, first thing in the morning, I"m already on
hold for twenty minutes. If they are selling a service and taking money, it seems to me that it is fraud if they haven't provided enough staff to provide the service they promise.
Also, when purchasing, they didn't tell me that with DSL7, they would be making it impossible to get a hard wired telephone line without incurring extra installation expenses from a provider of that service...because Teksavvy usurped the wiring. So now, if I want to order a hard wired phone, it will be expensive.
So far, Teksavvy has me very unsatisfied...a long sign-up process, incomplete lay language info (if they gave me the info at all at point of order), and terrible tech help availability....I am about to check the plans for the cable provider i already cancelled and perhaps reinstate that account and cancel Teksavvy y.