TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by VHS See Profile

Good "Great price, good speeds, ability to use own modem"
Bad "Long hold times over the phone"
Overall "Still a great deal and would recommend to friends"

I recently switched my parent's ISP from Rogers to Teksavvy. My parents have been streaming IPTV for about a yr now and the Rogers Extreme package of 120GB just wasn't enough. I decided to sign them up for the Teksavvy 15/1 mbps DSL package.

I first tried calling Teksavvy sales to ask some questions but the long hold times were horrendous. I waited for 30 mins and hung up. I decided to ask my questions online here in the direct forums and my questions were fully answered. I signed up online and chose my activation date. I even bought my own DSL modem for $14 which was a great deal. The technican went to my parents house to set everything up and tested everything. I got home and made sure everything worked as it should. The speedtest showed about 15.5mbps/1mbps so I was very happy.

I am tired of calling Rogers every yr for a good deal and also their low caps. Hopefully Teksavvy won't have any problems because I would hate to call into their tech support with these long wait times. The service has only been used for 3 days so I will update this review as time goes by.

Comments:

TSI Marty
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

The Review

That's for taking the time to give us a review, it is great to see that you are up and running and your parents can enjoy their services as they should be able to! We apologize for the wait times, they are a work in progress and we are fighting the good fight to overcome them!

Martin