TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by batkinson001 See Profile

• Location: Oshawa,ON
Good "Stable speed, maxing out my packages connection 90% of the time on large downloads."
Bad "Nothing bad to report from my point of view"
Overall "good service, good prices. I will recommend the Teksavvy DSL service..."

I have been with Teksavvy for a couple of months now, since the end of June 2013, so far things have been great. I placed my order 5 business days before install/activation, I didn't have to wait for too long to get the bell tech and the 3rd party tech over to get things installed and running.

I purchased my own ADSL2+ modem-router the TP-LINK TD-W8961ND... which after having some trouble setting up is now working great.

For those who are looking at using the TP-LINK TD-W8961ND with teksavvy, the right settings on the interface setup page in the section for the Virtual Circuit are VPI 0 and VCI 35 (which is already selected as a drop down option called PVC2), followed by the user log in info for your internet account, and unless you have a ip address it should be left set at dynamic, with Bridging interface deactivated... Everything else should be left as is. It may take a while to synch up with teksavvy but it work...

Comments:

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

Review

Hi batkinson001,

Glad to hear you had and are still having a good experience with us thus far! Sorry there was a couple of speed bumps but happy to hear you're a settled. If you do have any questions or concerns please feel free to get a hold of us. We're always happy to help!

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
Online Experience Manager
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Byter2k

@rogers.com

New Account Charges

Hello,

I recently called in to TekSavvy to sign up for the DSL 50/10 package on September 14th. I was told that I would be billed once the service was active. The agent gave me an install date of September 23, 2013.

Yesterday I received an email with my invoice which showed that I had been billed for everything (Modem, Activation Fee, package, etc). Within the same email, it said that my next billing date would be October 18th.

This does not make sense to me. Why am I being charged for a full month of service when it hasn't even been installed yet. Since my billing date is on the 18th of the month, by my simple math, I am being charged for 5 days of no service (September 18th to 23rd). Shouldn't the first month be pro-rated? Or if not, then my billing date should be October 23rd, not the 18th.

I sent an email to Teksavvy but received no response.

Thanks,

batkinson001

join:2006-08-07
Oshawa, ON
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: New Account Charges

try posting here:
»TekSavvy

The initial bill will be the receipt showing everything, and their month ends on the 18th and the new one starts on the 19th (I get billed then). You pay for the month you are about to use, though if you have any overage charges from the previous billing period, you get charged for those (my experience with Rogers, haven't yet had any overage charges from Teksavvy).