DigitalPath page on DSLReports

Review by whozzit See Profile

• Location: Westwood,Lassen,CA
Good "Faster than blazes (dial-up, DSL, etc)"
Bad "Sometimes interrupted due to snow."
Overall "1 MB up - 2 MB down..."

I've been a customer since 10/2003 and haven't seen any need to go elsewhere. I had used the local telco's DSL previous to Digitalpath but was looking for something faster and more versatile and this setup has more than met my needs. My wireless laptop will log on (as a roamer) in almost any locale in the area. I am getting about 2 MB down and 1 MB up, per second, and this amounts to "no waiting." I ordered Digitalpath Wireless ISP before it was available in my town but the installation was about a one hour job when the company got started up. I have four machines with various versions of Windows that are online most of the day and night and, with normal maintenance, they all perform well. The only service outages that I've experienced since 2003 were all snow or lightening related and

they have been few and far between.

09/15/2010

Still nothing bad to report. I've got Digitalpath all over the place, now. I added a couple of powerful wireless access points (running unprotected) so am online anywhere in the house, garage, the yard or across the street. My wireless access point is 802.11n as are the wireless adapters in all of the desktops and laptops so everything cooks right along. Winter is coming and snow can't be avoided (global cooling) so we'll see how everything goes this winter. And now it's 1MB/ps up and 3MB/ps down!

06/28/2011

Not much new to report here. As to the effect that a fast processor and ample RAM have on the internet performance, this assumes a reliable system of broadband access. For the most part I am running 32 bit OS's and they, inherently, won't make use of more than 4 GB's of RAM. I have installed a Windows 7 64 bit system on one computer and have increased the RAM on that machine to 8 GB's as the 64 bit system can, and does, make use of the additional RAM. I am retired now but my career since 1967 had to do with electromechanical, then electronic and finally digital electronics in the US, Canada, Germany and the middle east. I can appreciate a good, solid broadband pathway to the internet, wireless or otherwise, and use mine to the fullest extent possible. This includes, of course, email, browsing, communications (telephone) and entertainment in the form of TV shows, movies, etc, and this includes other areas of interest such as "Russia Today", NFL, and other broadcasts from all around the world. I guess that the rest of this story is that if you can't attain a solid, reliable broadband connection to the internet, what you see is what you will get. I might add that I've been online since 1993 and I am not a "gamer." I have yet to play my first computer game of any variety. After a lifetime spent working in communications I just don't consider games to be a part of the mix.

12/21/2012

This must be a case of location, location, location. I have nothing to report but improvements. With no further adjustments these three computers are now achieving 5 MB's down and in excess of 1 MB up and everything is robust and steady. There isn't much for a retired person to do in Westwood (except for maybe watching the snow come down) but at least the computers are always there. Even when the weather puts the kabosh on the sattelite receivers there's always plenty in the way of shows, movies and the NFL to watch on the computers and the VoIP (NetTalk device) always provides telephone service, incoming and outgoing, no matter the weather. I do know a bit about the aiming of the ancillery equipment associated with Digitalpath and, believe me, a tree is no place to mount a transponder (or receiver if you like). I've installed and maintained too much in the way of microwave all over this country and the middle east to not recognize the "tree" as being a very weak link.

Comments: