Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1939 reviews (1456 good) (144 bad)

Review by agilityman00 See Profile

• Location: Carmel,Putnam,NY
Good "Great speed and low latency,"
Overall "Great performance for the money"

10-27-14
I now have 50/50, which actually is around 60/55. No problems, except I returned a cable card and didn't get credit for it. However calling tech support was a pleasant surprise...answered right away, gave me an instant credit on my account for the charges for the cable card, so I have given a better review to tech support. Still very happy with FIOS.

06-15-11
Still great after 6 years and no outages ever. Constant 20/5. I now have an htpc and run the TV through Media Center via a cable card...works great!

06-30-08
Three years now and FIOS hasn't missed a beat! Even the original battery is still going. I now have the double play, internet and video. I dropped the land line.

Still going strong Hasn't been down at all since install (as far as I know). I now have 20mb down and 5mb up. No video available yet :-(

-------------------------------------

I've had FIOS for a year and a half now and can't be more happy. No down time at all, at least that I am aware of. Speed is as advertised and low latency. I don't use Verizon's mail servers, so I can't comment on that. I just wish they would get the TV going here too.

------------------------------------

I've had it for a week now and couldn't be happier. Verizon called twice to confirm the time and gave me a more definite time on the second call...between 8 and 10am. Tech arrived at 8:30 and after checking out with me the best way to go about installing the ONT and the power supply, he got to work. After four hours, everything was installed, but there was no light in the fiber. I had horrible thoughts of getting some excuse and not being able to get my fios today. To my pleasant surprise, after a phone call by the tech, within 20 minutes there were four Verizon trucks in front of my house. The problem turned out to be a bad splice down the road. They had light to me in about an hour and after setting up the router and my computer, everything worked great.

Comments:

Rae

@172.56.4.x

Fios is terrible

I'm sorry, but today is my first time having them, they came and installed the equipment around 9am, but its after 5pm and I still can't access my WiFi! I called Verizon a hour after it was installed a lady said, it's pending and should be on around 12pm - 1pm. I called back the same day, because its doing the same thing. I been on the phone for a hour now. And no help, I switched from my old company for this?