Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1949 reviews (1462 good) (147 bad)

Review by vic102482 See Profile

• Location: Arlington,Arlington,VA
Good "Cheap, Fast and Reliable"
Bad "Not Available to All, Installation Process is a TRUE PITA!"
Overall "Excellent Value if you can get it!"

»FIOS Install Monday will be 30 degrees outside

That thread is the account of my ordeal with verizon FIOS. The install coordination is horrible and I wish I could give them a score lower than a 1 but that is not possible. I love the service and the speed is good, I dont think I am getting the full 2 megs up (more like 1.75 or so) but I am a happy camper, and for 34.99 you cant complain about that. Ping times are good, latency is good, and I can use the VOIP phone now while downloading something from the net which is really good.

I dont know what else to say about it, everything works (SO far) and I hope it stays that way. Just be very cautious about the install process and make sure you only get it done in the morning, not the evening. The installer cut my copper before the fios was hooked up and then the installer ran into some issues with the run from other parts of the neigborhood so I thought I would be SOL, but it all worked out.:)

---Update

FIOS has been running fine for some time now. It has gone down 2 or 3 times, but always been back up within 24 hours. Also the times that it went down, there were extremly bad storms (and one was a bad car accident close to my home). A+ for connection reliability, much better than cable. Speed is always consistant. I dont think I have ever had a download issue other than the first day or so. FIOS is extremly reliable, and I dont ever want to go back to cable or DSL .

Comments: