Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1930 reviews (1457 good) (141 bad)

Review by Kirby Smith See Profile

• Location: Derry,Rockingham,NH
Good "Got speed, cleaner POTS, no poblem with my ring multiplier, works with my router"
Bad "Install does take some time"
Overall "Enjoying every megabyte"

·Fairpoint Commun..
FiOS installed today replacing dual ISP ADSL. Although a time consuming process, everything worked well out of the box, bandwidth is good, POTS noise is gone, my router works fine with the FiOS. Tech was a paragon of cooperation. Time will tell if there are any hiccups.

Update 25 Feb 08: FiOS has continued to run flawlessly, although rarely very late at night I have observed it to be down for a bit, perhaps for maintenance. Recently converted one of my two 5/2 FiOS to 15/15 and tested, 15/15 bandwidth was obtained. Operating both connections with a Xincom DPG-502 dual WAN router.

Anticipated transfer to Fairpoint Communications may only be days away; we'll see what Verizon, Fairpoint, and the NH PUC hath wrought.

Update 16Feb10: We all know now what Verizon, Fairpoint, and the NH PUC hath wrought. However, there has been no negative effect so far on FiOS performance. I expect there to be a very long time before Fairpoint is able to offer TV service.

Update 22Mar2011: Still no Fairpoint TV service in sight. Otherwise, FiOS/FAST keeps chugging along doing what it has been doing. APC Back UPS on each ONT is good for about 6 hours, but after power failures of up to a week have added a generator to pick up the load. Not holding my breath waiting to see what impact IPv6 induces.

member for 13.6 years, 4390 visits, last login: a few hours ago