Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1940 reviews (1455 good) (145 bad)

Review by kleeman See Profile

• Location: Nyack,Rockland,NY
Good "Fast, Stable and no upload issues"
Bad "None yet"
Overall "Get it if you can"

I had problems with OOL and their upstream capping policy. Switched to FIOS and was amazed at how easy it was and how good the connection is. I have 30000/5000 for $55 per month which is an extremely good deal. It is caused by the intense competition with Cablevision in the NY metro area. I predict that Verizon is going to wipe out Cablevision which unfortunately will end this unusual competition.

The install crew were ultra professional and friendly. Install was only an hour and a half which surprised me given that they say 4-6 hours. Installer informed me that tech support were "linux friendly" which really shocked me.

All in all, a damned pleasant experience just in front of terminating OOL for their capping bs.

Update: 11/19/06. Service has been generally excellent for the last six months. The only minor issue has been VERY occasional drops in download speed late at night apparently due to the Verizon hub routers being overloaded.

Update: 8/28/07 Service still excellent. I am consistently near the top of the speedtest stats (pats self on back). Occasional speed drops which can be rectified by rebooting the router. Still on PPoe.

Update 7/8/2011 Still a happy customer. They upgraded me to 50000/30000 and I never see slowdowns. Had to replace a router once.

member for 14.4 years, 6722 visits, last login: a few hours ago