Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1929 reviews (1457 good) (140 bad)

Review by avguser See Profile

• Location: Collegeville,Montgomery,PA
Good "Finally it arrived; Conduit laid 8 months ago; Service just available"
Bad "Billing and scheduling is abysmally poor"
Overall "now at 25/25 tier. Ha, 2Mbps===>>> 2 Mbps upload. WooHoo!!!"

May 2011: FIOS still working well - as long as you dont as to call their support team. Mine was for a DVR replacement. Had to call three times to get sopmeone to register my problem corrcetly and get a replacemetn box. Running 25/25 on internet. No complaints there

Dec 2008: All systems still working great

May 2008 - The system is prompting me for an update So I will oblige. FIOS service is excellent for me. I telecommute often and FIOS(broadband, really) is like sitting on the LAN at work. I still hate VZ billing. I have not had to contact Tech support for anything in a lonnngggg time. I'm on their triple play package at this time: Voice, Data and TV; I use AT&T for wireless.

October 2007 - HAve an Appointment for FIOS TV. In general, service is very good/solid for me. They're billing and scheduleing departments are abysmally poor.

Update - May 2007: Still going strong; No complaints. Only wish they'd offer FIOS TV to me

Verizon laid conduit in September 2005. They installed Fiber in April 2006. Service became available in May 2006. I went live with 5 Mbps/2Mbps basic FIOS package on June 2, 2006.

Tech install was only about an hour. I had everything ready to go from my Comcast service.

Smooth ride; tech was nice. He would have explained more to me if I needed it or I really cared, but I did not need it.

My download from Speakeasy was >4.5 and upload was 1.7+. I'm very happy right now. I'm actually saving $3/month from Comcast and the upload is 5X faster.

WooHoo!!!