Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1929 reviews (1456 good) (140 bad)

Review by QuaffAPint See Profile

• Location: Downingtown,Chester,PA
Good "Speed"
Bad "They desimate your yard!"
Overall "Contractor quality too variant - Not worth the risk"

I knew they had to dig under my driveway and dig a small trench on my yard - but, this is ridiculous - total yard decimation. Turfed up lawn - ripped up yard - holes - destroyed swales - and oh yea, 'We spilled diesel all over your lawn - sorry'. I put a call in to the installers supervisor - so we'll see if they actually get someone out here to look at the apocalypse that was once my front yard.

Some might not care, but I put a lot of hard work into getting my lawn looking nice - just to have it destroyed in a little over a 24 hour period.

If I knew - I would have paid a little more and went with the Comcast 16/1 service - It's just not worth it for what I have to now deal with...

(UPDATE)
Verizon washed their hands of it and passed it on to the contracting company. So now I have to deal with them (not happy about that, Verizon). I also had to file a report with the federal and state EPA over the diesel spill from their ditch witch. The contracting company supervisor shows up and tells me to just 'soap it down' - um - yea, what about all the poisioned soil underneath?

I held him to fixing the holes/bumps on both swails, putting sod down on a huge section of just dirt - and come Spring, to have a large section of poisioned yard (as determined by an environmental consultant) ripped up and sod put down. That last part I requested him to send me a letter - now we'll see if I actually get a letter. Luckily a family friend is an environmental lawyer who already offered to help us.

This whole thing is way stressing me out - I hope they put their pen where their mouth is.

(UPDATE)
Connection fast and reliable. As far as the contractors - pardon my French, but they suck! They refused to return any of my calls. They were never around. I finally ended up having to fix the yard myself. I would not have gotten FiOS if I had known.

Comments:

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16

Yep

Thats too bad, up here in NY, real Verizon technicians do that digging work. Contractors do suck.