Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1937 reviews (1455 good) (144 bad)

Review by bobbyinpa See Profile

• Location: Hershey,Dauphin,PA
Good "Rock solid FIOS service with no interruptions"
Bad "Wish I could say wireless is just as good as their service is tied into my bill too"
Overall "Watch out for all the added fees to understand your total bill and make sure they continue any discounts you receive."

6-27-2014

FIOS has remained a solid performer and I am still impressed with the reliability of the TV, internet, and home phone portion. I would drop the home phone but I have a fax which is used weekly, so it stays for now until cheaper internet faxing shows up. Wireless has improved and I do have all Verizon services on a "one bill" or quad play again. My original battery for the FIOS entry inside my home is still functioning, although about every 2-3 months it will intermittently alarm that it needs replaced. I have no complaints with FIOS service, wish the wireless was just as reliable too.

Comments:
bobbyinpa

Update 6-24-12

Still rock solid, note that thunderstorms no longer cause a total loss of internet connection or TV media. With Comcast, I lost everything with every thunderstorm. Went total digital with landline and saved about 20.00 a month. I cannot tell you how satisfied I am with Verizon. I did not go for a speed increase as 35/35 is very fast for me. I hope you can get FIOS, it is worth the effort.

Update October 6, 2012

I have now entered the quad play. I have a smartphone with unlimited data plan, 1400 minutes, unlimited text and pics, and two other cell lines. I have the ultimate Fios TV plan with Showtime and Movie Channel plus Epix, one HD DVR box, one HD box, and three regular mini boxes. My internet speed is 75-35. Lastly, we have digital phone service since it is now cheaper than regular pots.

No issues and all is smooth. I did find adjusting your options online can be a frustrating challenge as the pricing can jump more than you can expect. I may have to wait for a representative, but find talking with Verizon is the easiest. I have to give Kudos to Verizon for always making an attempt to keep my bill manageable and as low as possible.

I am very satisfied and will continue. One interesting note, when I had Comcast I lost TV with every single thunderstorm. Verizon just keeps working and the only loss of service is when we lost our power too.
patt2k

join:2009-01-16

Re: Update October 6, 2012

said by bobbyinpa:

I also have Verizon Wireless do you get any discount for linking it to one bill?
guppy_fish
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL

NOT FIOS, this is a wireless review

What does this review have to do with FIOS???? All your post is about Verizon Wireless!!

RedCaliSS
join:2004-08-21
Murrieta, CA

said by guppy_fish:

I'm thinking the same thing... scratching my head trying to figure out if he's reviewing Verizon wireless or Verizon FIOS
neither or both?

Re: NOT FIOS, this is a wireless review

I have the quad play and my bill includes all Verizon services. I mention Verizon has been reliable but they lack integrity. Give me a break.
guppy_fish
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL

Re: NOT FIOS, this is a wireless review

How about you make a Verizon WIRELESS review .. this has nothing to do with FIOS

Re: NOT FIOS, this is a wireless review

Was just told my Quad play account is being returned back to the original billing and all changes made by the wireless reps have been reversed. I am blown away that Verizon made a 180 and made a customer happy. I will probably drop the quad play and stick with a triple play for FIOS and a wireless bill on the side as they do not offer discounts when you tie them together on the quad play billing.