Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1918 reviews (1452 good) (138 bad)

Review by Archivis See Profile

• Location: Earth
Good "I downloaded the Internet 47 times."
Bad "Their billing sucks fat nuts."
Overall "Best service ever as long as you don't have to call."

March 22nd 2010 Update - Nothing new. No issues that I can tell. Fortunately, I haven't had to call their billing yet.

March 18th 2010 Update - Service is good. I think I had one issue with latency for about three days which resolved itself. Fortunately, I have not had to deal with their incompetent billing since last year. It was a nightmare. I still firmly believe they have the best service available as long as you don't have to call.

March 12th 2009 Update - Still have the service. Service is excellent. Flawless. Their billing department is a fucking nightmare. When I moved to my new area, they transferred my service. Their billing clowns inadvertently charged me an early term fee because of the way they did it in the system. The best part? It showed up on my online bill, but they couldn't see it in their system. I spent a recorded 13 hours between two dozen people, including several supervisors who I had contact me over the course of four weeks (FOUR FUCKING WEEKS) to resolve. They not only refunded my ETF, but they send me a check for $200 as an apology for their fuck up.

If everyone else's Internet didn't suck ass, I would have switched.

-----

May 30th 2008 Update - Still have the service. Still is fantastic. I have yet to call Verizon about anything (so their customer service may suck, but I wouldn't know it because I haven't had to contact them). Never lag, never problems downloading anything. Speeds are absolutely insane. Moving soon, made sure service was available at new location before I agreed to sign the lease.

-----

I had Comcast before this. Latency was as good as "fast dialup". Download speeds were all over the place. The connection crapped out every few days for minutely outages. Two WoW accounts + Vonage meant that everything went to a halt when someone answered the phone.

I got Verizon and their 15/2 package is cheaper than what I was paying Comcast for their 6/384 package. Now my Vonage works flawlessly. I downloaded a 1.3gig torrent the first day I got it. I got it under 15 minutes. Insane.

Installation was flawless. I was very concerned about how they were going to maneuver the wiring through my apartment, but I was very surprised at how professional the work was.

Getting a pre-encrypted wireless router was pretty hot too. I've yet to have a single problem with the billing or the service. If anyone here at BBR knows me, I criticize everything. I haven't found anything to harp on here.

member for 12.6 years, 4850 visits, last login: a few hours ago