Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1932 reviews (1456 good) (142 bad)

Review by FutureX2001 See Profile

• Location: Perris,Riverside,CA
Good "Decent speeds off-peak times"
Bad "New problems since late 2012, Customer Service"
Overall "Quality has been going downhill, Customer Service is still terrible."

I've deleted my old review back from 2010-2011 to provide an updated one for 2013. I used to only have good things to say about FiOS and my only complaint was their customer service.

Starting late 2012 I began to notice many problems with the service and I'm beginning to think they are over subscribed in certain areas. A quick look at the Verizon FiOS forums and you will start to find a pattern of problems across different states.

Since late 2012 I have now experienced the following as I get closer to peak times (afternoon/night): packet loss, increased latency, inconsistent speed tests, & poor upload speeds. I have ruled out the router and I don't believe swapping the "ONT" will help. I even bypassed the router at one point and went straight Ethernet from the ONT to a workstation.

75/35 package.

Comments:
serge87

join:2009-11-29

You nailed it spot-on as what I am experiencing as well. It's unfortunate it is the way it is.

Imslower

@bhn.net

Re: :(

So what your saying is at peak times its going slow? Try paying for 50 and get 20 only over night. I think the internet in general is slow at peak times.