Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1955 reviews (1464 good) (148 bad)

Review by JoeSchmoe007 See Profile

• Location: Brooklyn,Kings,NY
Good "Problem-free installation, it just works."
Bad "You get 2 boxes AND a router"
Overall "Worth it"

·Optimum Online
I live in apartment building and as you know they were wired for FIOS the last

I only wanted Phone and Internet, no TV. I waited until that was offered at a price that would be cheaper than my DSL +Phone over copper and pulled the trigger.

There is not much to say. Installation took about 4-5 hours. Everything just works. All 3 phone jacks remained functional. At first I thought I wouldn't use Verizon voicemail but now I do.

Speeds are consistent 15/5 but keep in mind this is a short term review at this point.

[1 year update]
============
I am now one year into 2 year contract. Absolutely nothing to complain about. My price is $50 before taxes for 15/5 internet + phone, $54 after taxes

[2 year update - 9/12/2012]
======================
Service has been great but my promotional rate is about to expire. New rate would be $75/month + tax for phone and 15/5 internet, which would come to about $80 after taxes. I ported phone number to another VOIP provider (it will cost me about $5-7/month) and then the price for internet only would still be $70. This is not a reasonable price so I switched to Cablevision ($30/month for 20/2 for a year and then we will see).

Comments: