Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1921 reviews (1453 good) (139 bad)

Review by miataman See Profile

• Location: Chelmsford,Middlesex,MA
Good "HD quality, good, but seems to be getting "crowded""
Bad "support services (beyond abysmal) but online chat is better. .TV channels suck"
Overall "Ultimate Employee discount is dealmaker for me"

As a former VZ / BA / NYNEX / NET C.O. technician (retired) I expected more from the service side of the house. my bad.

This is an update after a year. picture is great, awaiting new sware update, so can't comment on that. Billing-wise, I'm now into my 2nd week of trying to get my bill straightened out. I replaced a non-hd stb with a hd-stb. My bill arrived and it increased by $ 120.00 !!!!!. It looks like my Ultimate Employee discount was removed, and other services added. Having spent years in the muck with them, I know what's going on. I know the only way to get it straightened out is to "keep on keepin' on". A call or two every day, perhaps a stop by the local FIOS store, I'll wear 'em down eventually!

Update: 02/11/2012....
Took 3 bill cycles to straighten out. I have actually talked myself out of adding some premiums for fear they'll mess the billing up again!

Update 12/08/2012....
Billing has been much better for at least a year, I have made changes, and all flowed smoothly thru. Cost is getting up there, but I'm loving the IPad viewing APP. took long enough to get though.
The few service issues I've had were handled smoothly via online chat.

Update 11/15/2013...
Billing has been stable, even with "One-Pay". Picture quality seems to be less of a concern on Verizon's end, and 2-tuner DVR is just about obsolete.

Comments:

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

Update: 12/8/2012

The few service issues I've had were handled smoothly via online chat.
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".