Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1927 reviews (1455 good) (140 bad)

Review by miataman See Profile

• Location: Chelmsford,Middlesex,MA
Good "HD quality, good, but seems to be getting "
Bad "support services (beyond abysmal) but online chat is better. .TV channels suck"
Overall "Ultimate Employee discount is dealmaker for me"

As a former VZ / BA / NYNEX / NET C.O. technician (retired) I expected more from the service side of the house. my bad.

This is an update after a year. picture is great, awaiting new sware update, so can't comment on that. Billing-wise, I'm now into my 2nd week of trying to get my bill straightened out. I replaced a non-hd stb with a hd-stb. My bill arrived and it increased by $ 120.00 !!!!!. It looks like my Ultimate Employee discount was removed, and other services added. Having spent years in the muck with them, I know what's going on. I know the only way to get it straightened out is to "keep on keepin' on". A call or two every day, perhaps a stop by the local FIOS store, I'll wear 'em down eventually!

Update: 02/11/2012....
Took 3 bill cycles to straighten out. I have actually talked myself out of adding some premiums for fear they'll mess the billing up again!

Update 12/08/2012....
Billing has been much better for at least a year, I have made changes, and all flowed smoothly thru. Cost is getting up there, but I'm loving the IPad viewing APP. took long enough to get though.
The few service issues I've had were handled smoothly via online chat.

Update 11/15/2013...
Billing has been stable, even with "One-Pay". Picture quality seems to be less of a concern on Verizon's end, and 2-tuner DVR is just about obsolete.

Update 8/15/2014...
I'm now using Quantum. Original software was deficient since it was based on an obsolete version of the non-quantum software, features were missing.
Anxiously awaited the software update to improve and re-add the missing features.
The update came, and has introduced so many bugs it is laughable.
I can't understand how it even got released, they have a focus and slow-roll group, but it's pretty apparent that NOONE beta tested this software before release. Word at Verizon is that FIASCO is happenin'.

member for 3.8 years, 1737 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

Update: 12/8/2012

The few service issues I've had were handled smoothly via online chat.
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".