Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1940 reviews (1455 good) (145 bad)

Review by sphinxguy18 See Profile

• Location: Dallas,Dallas,TX
Good "Fast Internet | Perfect Picure/Sound | Awesome DVR & OnDemand"
Bad "Bad? Really?"
Overall "Great, capless internet and respondes great both the boxes and Internet"

So I have had Verizon FiOS in the past several times and when I purchased my home, I made sure it had FiOS before buying! It responds to my ever demanding request I push down the pipe between video sharing with family to VPN into work and pushing large art files back and forth.

I really did not consider any other ISP for my decision making and I have Verizon FiOS TV Package called "Premier" with their 25Mbps down / 25Mbps up w/ no home phone and I have 3 Cable Boxes (2 - HD Boxes and 1 - Home Media DVR) and I pay with Tax (Texas) 140/month (no movie channels).

I ordered it online, they contacted me via telephone within 24 hours to confirm my order and actually got me into a better bundle. I scheduled it a few days pass my move in date and the guy showed up on time and was there for about 6 hours because the house did NOT have an ONT on the outside and had to wire the house for Internet (Coax was too old) and I asked for Cat5/6 cable for the Internet and not MOCA. The installer was nice and kept me up to date on what he was doing about every hour or so and left his business card with his cell phone number on it to call him if I had any problems which came in handly. A few days after the install, the DVR died and I called him and he brought one out the next day and hooked it up for my wife when she was pregnant with our daughter and did everything for her.

I was given 3 Motorola Boxes (not sure of the models) and a Westell 9100S (I think) Router for the Internet and get my speed when I ask for it!

No I have nothing bad to say, their technical support has been good so far and I have had only to call billing once and it was only to see if I could lower my bill which they did for me and was able to keep the same package I have had since the beginning. So I defiantly recommend them for people that are mid-level or higher technical and/or like an awesome sound quality TV

Comments: