Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1911 reviews (1452 good) (133 bad)

Review by aguen See Profile

• Location: Lewisville,Denton,TX
Good "It just works"
Bad "No secret, their backend systems are the worst"
Overall "If it's available, you really should consider it."

·Callcentric
Moved to N. TX. in July of 06. I specifically looked for Apts. that already had FIOS installed. Signed up before my move in date.Double play Internet/TV only. Installer arrived on time. He had to install the ONT, etc. Fiber drop was already pulled. Took about 4 hours. Since then, other than the occasional power outage and those flaming Actiontec routers croaking (3), I had no major outages. I have 1 STD and 1 HD STB.

As of today, I moved to a newer Apt. complex which also has FIOS installed. I placed a move order via their website. The new package upgraded the internet to 25/25 from my previous 25/15. TV package was a bit of a downgrade from the old Extreme package but I get a free STD STB for life. The installer showed up inside the 2 hour window promised. ONT already existed in this Apt. so all that was needed was to add a new Westell 9100 EM15 router CAT5 WAN to the ONT at my request, in case I need to replace it with my own router later on. This new package is a 2 year contract price guarantee. Should cost less than $100 a month.

member for 10.7 years, 5073 visits, last login: a few minutes ago