Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1954 reviews (1463 good) (148 bad)

Review by andyboy See Profile

• Location: New Rochelle,Westchester,NY
Good "Rock steady internet at all times of day; Excellent PQ"
Bad "FiOS website. Can be slow, bill viewing rarely works, nor does renewal/upgrade center"
Overall "A little on the pricey side but you do get a high quality service"

Left Cablevision for FiOS. Never looked back. Had terrible speeds with 30/15 Cablevision Boost internet, especially during peak periods (was lucky to get 12/5 during peak and occasionally 25/12 off peak). CVS customer service always blamed my setup, my computer etc. for the problem. With FiOS I get much better wireless internet speeds at home than the wired internet I got wtih CVS. Speeds never vary with FiOS. WIth 35/35 plan I consistently get 43/33 wired. TV PQ is outstanding. No FiOS compression. Also get NFL network and redzone which weren't available with CVS. FiOS' website is horrible though. Don't recall if CVS was much better but the ability to view bills only recently worked for me. Can't upgrade/renew on line. Tells me I must call. That's not the case with others in other areas but I know people in and around Westchester, NY (VHO 5) have had the same problem. Also, don't know what's taking so long for FiOS to roll out their long promised iPad app allowing tv viewing at home. CVS, TWC have it.

member for 3.2 years, 1166 visits, last login: a few hours ago