Verizon FiOS page on DSLReports

bullet 1940 reviews (1455 good) (145 bad)

Review by amenite See Profile

• Location: Ridgewood,Bergen,NJ
Good "Speed, Price, Equipment"
Bad "nothing so far"
Overall "Solid performance and good value"

After about a year of declining DSL speeds and increasing DirecTV fees I decided to finally convert to Fios and it's been going very well ever since. I scheduled the install about three weeks after the order to give me plenty of time to run additional ethernet and prep the space for the ONT. I received an SMS when the truck rolled out right on time. Installer was friendly and professional and everything went smoothly.

Price includes Fios Internet 25/25, Extreme HD TV package and unlimited landline with a bunch of calling features. The connection speed tests well, usually around 20-30Mbps download and 10-15Mbps upload, not the full 25/25 all the time but pretty much as expected. I got one of their newer wireless routers and they now install them by default with WPA2 instead of WEP so I didn't even have to change anything there.

This bundle includes one free DVR for life, and I ordered a second one also. The DVR (Motorola QIP7232) is actually better than I expected after coming from Tivo and having used some other types over the years here and there. It's got 500GB capacity out of the box and will even take external storage (supported with one of the WD eSATA drive models, 500GB or 1TB) but I don't think I'll need that.

By the time my introductory discounts expire I am hoping that the system below is on the market and meeting the hype at a decent price so I can escape the DVR tax:

»cetoncorp.com/products/ceton_q/