ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by zadigre See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Excellent price and bandwidth limit compared to Videotron"
Bad "Dependent on Videotron... so might be a little bit harder to fix a problem"
Overall "one of the best independent ISP in Quebec!!"

I chose the speedcable extreme 60.
I had the same connection with Videtron... but the cost was 80$ and bandwidth limit was 150GB/month instead of 250GB with ElectronicBox.

the price was one of the main point that made me switch to ElectronicBox...
but talking to someone who was actually concerned about

I'm still having some reliability problems with my connection... but support is excellent... Especially Jean-Philippe that is still working on my case with Videotron.

Update : March 6th 2012
for the past two weeks, all customers on speed cable extreme 60 are getting less speed than what they pay for in the peak hours (mostly after 6pm).
EBox is waiting for Vidéotron to upgrade their link...
this is why my review for connection reliability is 3/5... I will update it later if the problem is resolved.

Update : November 18th 2012.
EBox has worked hard and as fast as the can to resolve all connectivity problems (sometimes dependent on Videotron).
For the past weeks, I didn't have any problem. Some persons have problems with gaming (mostly a problem with latency). I'm not a gamer... but I didn't see any problem with my VOIP lines or other realtime applications (like video/voice chat).

Update : March 19, 2014. Service has been excellent so far with EBox. I changed my speed from 60 to 15mbits to have unlimited. I can have the same thing with videotron... But with the good experience that I have so far with EBox, I decided to stay with them.

Comments:

eboxdanny
Superviseur
join:2013-08-12
Longueuil, QC

To Zadigre

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer a detailed account of your experience with our company. Your comments are appreciated.

Regards,