ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by Pokerplayer See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Fast connection time(8 days including weekend), speed is what was promised, fast communication with reps(bilingual)"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "good value, high praise."

I haven't had the service long, so I can only judge by what I know. The speed is 8Mbps, I opted for a $5 extra giving me 250GB cap per month VS 75GB. Overusage is very acceptable in price, $0.50/GB up to a max of 25$.
Pricing is very affordable, they have a multitude of prices and speeds

In my more than capable 8Mbps package they offer:
75GB/$31.95,
250GB/$36.95,
unlimitedGB/$56.95
I opted to get the 250GB package just because I know I won't go past it but in reality you could get the $31.95 package, if you don't bust that CAP that's what you pay, however you'll never pay more than the unlimited price because they limit their overusage charge to $25, which in turn become $31.95+$25=$56.95, but to reach the Max, is 125GB(75GB+50GB at $0.50 each), but it'll cost you the same even if you download 1000GB, that's why I chose the 250GB package.

It was an easy install, I sent my request via their website late on April 1st, I recieved my modem on April 4th. On April 7th, I received an automated message from Videotron giving my apointment for monday the 9th (easter monday), I pressed 1 to accept the apointment. They showed up did the install, my connection still wasn't up yet after 40 minutes after he left. I called ELECTRONICBOX, within 5 minutes I had a rep on the phone and he said it can take up to 3 hours for the connection to activate, but it wouldn't be normal if it took longer than that. As soon as I got off the phone with the rep... All my modem lights were on.
I tested at speedtest.net, 8.39Mbps/down, 1.05Mbps/up.... PERFECT.

I am already enjoying my experience with this connection and with reps.

The $0.50/GB extra usage is great when compared this to my old provider Acanac who had a CAP of 50GB and $4.50/GB thereafter up to $50. You can read the Acanac horror stories to know why I left or my own review.

***NOTE***The pricing at ELECRONICBOX is charged monthly which is great!!! To get the same price with Acanac, you have to pay 1 year in advance and it would cost you $82.95/month to download 60GB.

Comments: