ELECTRONICBOX page on DSLReports

Review by Prevok See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Price and good French consumer/technical service"
Bad "No unlimited packages"
Overall "Pretty good Internet supplier, a solid alternative in Quebec"

·TekSavvy DSL
I moved from Teksavyy to Electronic Box in July 2013 (its end of August 2013 at the time of writing). I have been an happy VDSL 25/10 consumer for almost 2 months now.

Although Electronic Box does not offer unlimited packages, which is a shame, they do offer a longer unlimited time period (from 2am to 2pm, as opposed to 2am to 8 am for Teksavvy) and have a pretty solid pricing with their VDSL packages. Waving off the dryloop fees combined with the fact the 500GB package was cheaper than Teksavvy's unlimited packages (and sufficient for my needs) was a sell for me. I was moving in July and was faced with the choice of either paying the moving fees to stay with Teksavvy or the installation fees to move to another provider (Electronic Box in this instance). It was a no brainer, as I was saving a bit of money.

Being French, having an actual French consumer/support service was a breath of fresh air and would actually allow me to recommend the service to non-English speaking persons.

The only issue that comes to mind is the fact that I was not provided my username and password prior and during the installation. The physical installation went really well, the guys cabled everything like I instructed them to, but I had to call to get my credentials and complete the installation. It's nothing huge, but I could see this as an annoyance for non-technical users that expect a seamless experience.

All in all, I am pretty happy, everything is rock solid and the consumer/technical service is really good. I would definitely recommend to anyone not requiring an unlimited package.

member for 1.4 years, 257 visits, last login: a few hours ago