Armstrong Zoom Internet page on DSLReports

Review by keyboard5684 See Profile

• Location: Zelienople,Butler,PA
Good "Reliable. Consistent. Speed packages are limited and very considerably."
Bad "Cost is high, speeds are what they advertise. I know they are capable of higher speeds but too costly."
Overall "Solid connection with the highest speeds available here."

Coming from an area that I had fiber to my home (PTP, not Fios or shared fiber) I really wanted something that "seemed" like fiber. I tried calling the local telco (consolidated communications) but was on hold for 30 minutes in the ordering queue. Called Armstrong and someone answered the phone right away. I went for the 2nd out of three tiers for speed. $30 a month for 20megs by 2megs. They just updated the speeds (they were 2M/500K) and I have yet to see the 20Mb download speeds. It still is the same old 8 Megs but I have yet to complain (I will).

Speeds are consistent, works great with my VOIP (Teliax) and I have had no outages. I ordered a static IP for $5 a month so I could connect an ASA to VPN to work.

Overall I would recommend Armstrong but it has only been a couple months to judge. I will see how it goes and if it matches up to the speeds they advertise. It is comparable to fiber connectivity and solid as fiber as well.

member for 13.5 years, 2411 visits, last login: a few hours ago