CMA Access page on DSLReports

Review by LC8290 See Profile

• Location: Cleveland,Liberty,TX
Good "reasonably priced"
Bad "consistency of signal quality"
Overall "decent service for the price"

No other broadband provider in the area unless you are close enough to CO for dsl. Cable TV stinks from them but the broadband is damn good. Ordering and installation were a breeze. Claims to be 6Mbps/512K. I've gotten speeds from 3300Kbps up to 5300Kbps and upload is consistent in the 400Kbps range. Never had any downtime in the past year so I don't know how good their tech support is.

-update 04/11/2012-
No problems so far. latest speed test says 5635kbps down and 489kbps up (Java via LA, CA). Still haven't had any downtime. Current price on bill states $46/month minus a promotional $11 plus franchise fee and tax brings the total monthly bill to $39.30. Outstanding!

-update 11/26/2012-
Have moved across town and access has now dwindled to 660kbps down and 462kbps up even though I am still paying for the same service. Will contact customer service to see if we can remedy this problem.

-update 04/08/2013-
Contacted customer service soon after the last update and they corrected the problem within two days. Since then speed has been consistent with the advertised speeds that I'm paying for. I also updated the price to reflect that I'm paying for basic cable and their 6/512K tier. The only problem I have is during peak hours when I experience hiccups with Netflix and gaming but these seem to have diminished over the course of time here.

The latest speed test:

Tested by server: 54 java
User: 805926 @ dslreports.com
User's DNS: cmaaccess.com

-update 2.28.2014-
CMA was bought out by Newwave Communications. Newwave sold me a 10Mbps/1 internet only deal for $45.99/month plus tax. I was paying about the same price for a 6Mbps/512Kbps before the buyout. For the first half of February during the winter storms there was a definite loss of service. Since then and in the past two weeks I have had a consistent connection allowing me to do the necessary.

Comments: