CMA Access page on DSLReports

Review by manfmmd See Profile

• Location: Angleton,Brazoria,TX
Good "Good clean install. New drop from the tap on the line."

I had AT&T DSL (3006/512 for $34) since 2003 and CMA Access recently upgraded their infrastructure to DOCSIS 3, removed an expensive speed tier (7000/1000) and added a new speed tier CMA MAXX at 15000/1000 with a bumped up bandwidth cap of 200GB for $54.95 per month plus modem rental. So I cancelled AT&T.

I called in and was able to schedule the install on my day off(I think they could have installed it the day I called in, but I wanted to be there). My time was 8am-noon and the tech showed up @ ~8:35am. Everything with smoothly with the install. He installed a new drop from the tap all the way in. He was here ~2 hours with having to do the new line install.

Am getting the speeds promised: »speedtest.net/result/1945110362.png4

4/25/13

I've been on CMA for awhile now and things have been good to great. On the good side, while their service is pretty solid, I have had 3 or so outages since the installation. The service was down from 1 hour to 5 hours on those outages. Not sure what the resolution was or if I even need to know. On the great side, speed has been very consistent with CMA. In fact, most of the time I get almost 2Mbps upload...almost double the promised speed. Download speed with overhead has been rock solid at around 14.8Mbps with overhead. My only complaint is that I wish that CMA had peering agreements with Google/YouTube and other media sites so that that type of content would not buffer as much.

member for 11.9 years, 3857 visits, last login: 1.1 years ago

Comments:
grethomory

join:2013-06-08
Mansfield, LA

CMA - Horrible

They are the absolute worst cable company I have seen in my life and the thing is they are the only deal in town...and they know it. Working from home has been a nightmare...outtages on a consistent basis. Usually on Tues & Wed, but sometimes Friday.