NBTel now Aliant page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by AntBee See Profile

• Location: Moncton,NB
Good "Great Tech Support, available most times"
Bad "Disconnected more often from service since Bell took over; Expensive in comparison to US ISPs"
Overall "Good, have no other choice really, except Rogers, and I hate them, so I am with BellAliant which is the lesser of two evils."

I have Ultra High Speed, whatever that means anymore. It's not light or regular. Aliant was my only consideration, since I have unlimited hatred for all things Rogers.

Install was no problem, I did it myself. I did have trouble at first with my connection. For some reason or another, the modem/router (Speedstream 5260) settings had to be different for Macs since Aliant became BellAliant. Had a really bad random disconnect problem at first, but got that resolved after I had a technician come in and fix my lines, which he did at no charge.

Otherwise, the service has been pretty much painless.

I switched over to BellAliant's new Fibre Op Internet service Summer 2012, and it is wicked fast, and I don't even have their top tier service! I'm glad I made the switch, as there are virtually no service interruptions, have not had to call tech support even once. I signed up with a three month deal, and after the deal, the price went up significantly. I knew what I was in for, but it still hurts to shell out that kind of cash for Internet. But the speeds... WOW!

member for 12 years, 2000 visits, last login: 63 days ago