Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by Nyron See Profile

• Location: Charleston,Kanawha,WV
Good "Relatively reliable."
Bad "Pretty much no customer service or support"
Overall "Previously gave them a perfect score but their service has went down hill recently"

When Charter brought cable modems to Beckley I was one of the first to obtain one. I can still remember the tune of the shark fin modem, as it often reset letting me know there were problems. That always seemed to be the issue with Charter, when I moved to Teays Valley it was really no different. My connection would drop several times a week. This led me away from Charter and I had dsl for a few years.

Upon moving to Charleston, dsl was not available for my address so I had to go with Suddenlink. I was very hesitant since they had bought Charter a few years back and had read horror stories. Initially, I was impressed with Suddenlink but the customer service has began to deteriorate. There is very poor coordination among the local office and call center/internet support staff.

Overall, the speed is consistent and the service is reliable but again, getting help when you need it can be frustrating. I had previously given them a perfect score but I think this update more accurately reflects their service now.

Comments: