Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by micah_675 See Profile

• Location: Clovis,Curry,NM
Good "I haven't found any as of yet"
Bad "Never works right, slow customer service, terrible tech support, the list goes on and on"
Overall "If you see they are the only provider in the area, and you are moving to that area, find a town that DOESN'T deal with them"

First off I have had packet loss issues with Suddenlink for over a year. They fix it the next week it is back. I have had 4 modems, 2 routers, and 2 different locations in this one town. What is the common denominator after all my problems. Crappy service from Suddenlink. I have filed a better business bureau report against them. That was the only way I got a field tech out to my house. After they confirmed that the packet-loss issues were not caused in my home and were seen at the drop outside my house they went looking. After "replacing" and amp and re-balancing the lines I still had issues. My download speeds until I moved were NEVER consistent, I paid for the 20 meg server only to get consistently shafted with less than 5 meg connection and even that speed wasn't consistent. At night you might as well count on doing something else other than using the internet also. After moving to my second location in the same town, they "upgraded" my 20 meg service to 30 megs. Well after this my download speeds seemed to stay rather stable. I then realized that the same packet-loss and ping issues effected this home as well. I called and complained, which it took them 3 techs to finally send back out the manager. He looked and said yes it isn't inside your house, please give me some time to fix it. Well that has been over a month now, and I still do not have a reliable connection. If you can avoid this company like the plague. It is terrible and they will not ever fix their issues.

Here is a bit of proof of my issues.

»/pingtest/55b4···/2967451

»/pingtest/2395···/2965706

»/pingtest/8877···/2956266

»/pingtest/bbb5···/2958909

Update: This will be my final addition to this review. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with internet. As you can see from my comments below I have had a total of 4 modems, 2 routers, and all issues persist with out without the router.

A suddenlink tech admitted another one of the local nodes in town was over-sold. They still have yet to fix it. As for my problems, when they replaced the drop the issues of packetloss and latency jumps subsided. The issues were seen on a known good modem from suddenlink and my own modem. I am so happy to be moving back to the Atlanta area where I will have a large number of choices for internet. Having one ISP per town asks for trouble.

Comments:
micah_675

another just now

»/pingtest/c852···/2967460

more of the same

»/pingtest/4667···/2967528

Offer to help

I'm approved to help customers in this forum: »Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents. If you're willing to IM or email (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) the name and address on the account, I will escalate your issues to the attention of the effective CEO for your area. Let me know.

Re: Offer to help

I sent you a private message.

Re: Offer to help

I have forwarded to my colleagues and asked them to investigate.

Re: Offer to help

Thank you pete. As of now I have heard from several different managers, however the problems is still ongoing, while I understand the distances involved and the number of issues that have been encountered. I find it sad that I am having to assist in the troubleshooting of the issues to my node. I do not mind as I am an Avionics Field Engineer, but this isn't how I would like to spend my evenings. To date the packetloss issues have come on stronger than they were since I moved in. I am and have been extremely dissatisfied with your companies service as this home isn't the only one in town I have experienced severe problems at. I have attached 3 days in a row worth of pack loss tests. The amount of packets lost makes everything online a chore. There are times I have to refresh webpages multiple times to get them to load. As well my download speeds have suffered from major companies which I have gotten much more from in the past on this same line. From Electronic Arts Origin servers when updating I have gotten 4 MB/sec constant and in the past few weeks I do not ever see anything over 2 MB/sec. This is well under the speed of the 30 meg/bit PAID for speed. In case anyone else is reading this a 30 meg connection should net you at least 3.75 MB/sec download speeds.

»/pingtest/8446···/2970734
»/pingtest/2ba3···/2970407
»/pingtest/2424···/2970069

more tests that fail....

»/pingtest/c93c···/2969028
»/pingtest/b32c···/2969038
»/pingtest/87b6···/2968983
Saint Louis, MO

Re: more tests that fail....

I understand from local and regional managers that they've made some progress in addressing these issues?

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
·Suddenlink
I would like to take a moment to point out that MOST the lost packets and EXCESSIVE latency jumps are occurring at the last hop. This means your modem/router. I would be interested in seeing a ping plotter set to one of your game servers or a dns server you are currently using.

·Suddenlink

Re: more tests that fail....

Well Tuesday they left a modem the techs use to see what was going on. They told me they believed my modem may be the issue, note this is my 4th modem. Well the modem they left shouted the same problems as mine. Yesterday a tech put in a new drop from the street. Low and behold the issue has subsided. I still get lower than advertised speeds on downloads but the tech admitted that some of the other nodes in town are over sold. The house I used to live at was on one such node. He said they have bought the equipment to upgrade that now but have yet to install it.

I do find it rather poor that I have had to be instrumental in figuring out what is wrong. I cannot in good conscious suggest Suddenlink to anyone. Luckily I will be leaving this town for good soon.

My only suggestion to anyone having problems is push hard for a manager to call you. Afterward ask for a tech supervisor to go to your house with the techs. Get as much visibility to your problem as possible. With enough effort you will get someone working on your problem.

To Mr. Abel,

I understand why you are on a site like this offering assistance directly. It is a good thing, however I believe your time will be better spent upgrading your network. Upgrading the speed on over-utilized networks will only compound your problems. You can very easily have a great product and have much greater ratings. Please focus on your service, upgrading, and development the other issues with speed and satisfaction will improve with that effort.

Micah

·Suddenlink
first run of ping plotter
Here is a ping plotter graph for you