Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by keeska See Profile

• Location: Sedona,Yavapai,AZ
Good "Nothing"
Bad "very unreliable. They block ftp downloads and all downloads over 200 Mbyte"
Overall "Avaid them"

·VOIPO
Suddenlink bought out my local cable provider. Since then the service has gone downhill. We had 20 megabit down from our old provider which averaged about 12 - 13 megabits in actuality. Suddenlink dropped that to 10 megabit down for the same price. In now averages about 1.6 -2.0 megabit on actuality.

As the service has deteriorated it has become more and more difficult to download files larger than 200 megabytes. Suddenlink blocks downloads at the 190 - 200 megabyte point so that the browser times out and the download never completes. We have tried downloading at various times of day with the same results. Recently they have started blocking ftp downloads also.

Our internet experience with Suddenlink is so bad that we have had DSL at 7 megabit download installed. Plugging the PC into the DSl modem instead of the Suddenlink modem has solved all of our download problems. We are now see 4 - 5 megabit download speeds with no timeout no matter how large the file being downloaded. And ftp downloads also work again.

Comments:

abnormal69

join:2003-04-19
Hollister, MO

Blocking?

I download numerous files daily via ftp. Pretty certain they are not blocking anything. Something on your end by the sounds of it.
Pete Abel
join:2008-01-15
Saint Louis, MO

Suddenlink

I'm with Suddenlink, and I'm authorized to help customers in this forum. If you'll send me an IM or email (pete.abel@suddenlink.com), I'll gladly get someone senior in your area to follow up.