Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by Turbo Mach 5 See Profile

• Location: San Augustine,San Augustine,TX
Good "Speed"
Bad "Price"
Overall "If you stay on them, they'll eventually fix it..."

Ordered late October (10/1 the fastest they offer here in San Augustine), finally got it stable mid November. During that time speeds were great in the morning but come the evening: no. Would drop to ~1 Meg service. Not good at all. Called a couple times, tech came out and fixed it (changing the filter and resetting all the way into town) but still had the same problem. Well one night Suddenlink called me back, asking if I still had the trouble. Told them yes and that possibly the line that runs from the pole to the house is the issue (been up there for over 10 years). Replaced the line, reset everything back into town and haven't had an issue since (apart from the occasional drop but that's to be expected). Suddenlink has a bad reputation in this town for their cable TV though but I didn't order that, just Internet. So long as it's stable, stays stable and fast (and hey, maybe even get faster for the price I pay), I will be with Suddenlink for a bit.

Got an Arris DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Install was pretty clean and quick.

Update as of 2/23/2014

I went on and replaced the modem about a year ago with a Motorola SB6121. Great little box. Saves me some $$$ with the rental fee. Then about a few days ago, we got bumped from 10/1 to 15/1.5. And honestly I'm seeing it go a little higher. Keep on trucking Suddenlink. MUCH better than AT&T in this town now!

Comments: