Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by snailmail See Profile

• Location: Bishop,Inyo,CA
Good "constant connection, good speed"
Bad "Nothing after 3 months"
Overall "A BIG step up from VZ dryloop DSL"
(ratings well above consensus)

After being with VZ for ump-teen years and struggling with disconnects then reconnects only to have slow speeds before going back 'up' to 864k/160k, I threw in the towel...went over to Suddenlink as they are the other ISP in this one-horse-town. Folks in their office are nice, helpful, and patient. Got set up with a 3 month $30 trial (then goes up to $39), motorola refurb modem, and a super good tech who checked all wires, connections, and down/up numbers for a perfect install. Really happy with a one week solid connection of 1.6mb/.50mb. What a difference between that and what VZ was giving me for my $$ year after year with promises of ..."our CO needs to bounce you from ASAM's to ASAM until we upgrade our equipment." After running out of breath, my connection with Suddenlink gave me another chance. Just in time to watch a new 500+mile fiber optic backbone going right through our town from Reno NV to Barstow CA. Suddenlink told me "now things will get MUCH better when we tap into the backbone". Also used their Tech Support to help set up my smartphone with email after some issues with POP3 servers. Kudos there. Bottom line is happy with cable speed, connection reliability and service, and set free from Verizon's DSL...bye bye!

3 Month update -

Still SOLID connection. 1.6mb/.50 Experienced one town-wide disruption that lasted less than 60 minutes then all was back up and running. Now waiting for the fiber optic backbone mentioned above to finish near the end of summer when we receive a free upgrade to 15mb. So glad I switched over to Suddenlink. Totally pleased !

Comments:
Pete Abel
join:2008-01-15
Saint Louis, MO

We appreciate the review and your decision to become and stay a customer. Don't hesitate to reach out, if we can be of further assistance.

»Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents