Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by TurboNerd See Profile

• Location: Clovis,Curry,NM
Good "It works when it works, but if you have any problems at all see the BAD."
Bad "Tech Support Sucks, you have to go other routes to get it fixed like here on DSLReports"
Overall "Don't get any other services other than basic/expanded cable."

3 years for an ongoing phone issue (turned out to be a simple DROP that they refused to replace blaming it on equipment/house wiring for 3 years)
2 months for a recent OVERSOLD/OVERLOADED network issue where they wanted us to supply our own separate piece of equipment.

I couldn't put the real date on DAYS FROM ORDER TO SUCCESS because it only has 3 spaces I need 4.

If you have a working setup COOL for you.
MAKE SURE YOU PAY THE 5 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR UNLIMITED TECH VISITS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. at $50 dollars a visit it did cost us a hundred dollars for them to NOT FIX THE ISSUE.
If you have any problems at all DON'T EXPECT THEM TO FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST, OR SECOND, OR THIRD, OR FOURTH, OR .........(I can give details/threads to explain it all) through normal channels
Normal Channels being local office visits, 1-800 tech support, and field techs.

IT TOOK COMING ON DSLReports.com TO GET SOMEBODY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SLOW INTERNET ISSUE and ONGOING PHONE ISSUES.

Normal Channels wanted us to spend our own money on a DOCSIS 3 modem (we don't have a DOCSIS 3 PLAN) to alleviate the slow internet issue for their OVERLOADED/(OVERSOLD) NETWORK. But DSLReports helped us by getting them to supply us with one.
Normal Channels refused to replace the DROP to the house which was the cause of the ongoing phone issues. It was the help of DSLReports and refusal to let the tech in the house to diagnose/touch anything untill he replaced the drop when he knocked on the door.

SuddenLink should do better TRAINING of their CALL CENTER MONKEYS, as well as the FIELD MONKEYS that come to your house.

I am not a cable tech nor do i profess to being one, but I knew what was wrong but was told countless times that's not the way it works.
I have limited knowledge with INTERNAL cable modems connected to a DOCSIS 1.0 CMTS from my nerd days 12.5 years ago and limited terminology knowledge but that was enough for me to diagnose my own stuff.

IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT DIAGNOSE IT YOURSELF and DEMAND THE TECH DO AS YOU SAY BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THEY JUST SWAP PARTS NOT DIAGNOSE. If they are supposed to diagnose they are just LAZY AT DOING IT. I have never underestimated the LAZINESS OF PEOPLE but it surprises me all the time.

IS SUDDENLINK HIRING, BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE, AND THE COMPANY. NOT JUST THE PAYCHECK AND BOTTOM LINE.
I TEACH THE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS THE SAME THINGS. MAYBE THEY CAN HELP YOU OUT.
HATE THE EMPLOYEES THAT CLOCK OUT AND NOT THINK ABOUT THE JOB BECAUSE THEY KEEP THEIR PERSONAL TIME PERSONAL, WORK TIME WORK.
A GOOD EMPLOYEE & GOOD COMPANY DOES/ALLOWS FOR BOTH.

TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES TO CARE, OR FIRE THEM & STOP HIRING MONKEYS.

PRE-SALES INFORMATION, All i want is a listing of your services and prices (regular menu price not introductory rate) none was available it needed to be entered in the computer and the lady behind the desk refused to go through all of the options. (worst rating)
INSTALL COORDINATION- the trained monkey showed up on time (as expected)
CONNECTION RELIABILITY- works when it works (hopefully you don't need TECH SUPPORT)
TECH SUPPORT- NON EXISTANT, MONKEYS WERN'T TRAINED RIGHT OR EVEN THE SAME WAY (ONE TECH WILL BLAME ANOTHER FOR NOT DOING IT RIGHT AND ON AND ON)
SERVICES-OK when it works (would get better rating if TECH SUPPORT made it work like they should figure out the issue instead of swapping out parts and (its fixed) even though they have been told it's an ongoing frequently intermittent issue)
VALUE FOR THE MONEY- would be better if they knew what they were doing.

Comments:

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

That's time to live, as in, how long did it take from the day your ordered to the day they showed up to hook it up