Dreamhost page on DSLReports

Review by AMailer See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Great control panel, cheap, ton of space and bandwidth"
Bad "I wish they expanded into ventrilo hosting :P hehe"
Setup experience:

·ELECTRONICBOX
This is an excellent host, It was recommended by the guys at compsci.ca who had been using it for a couple of years. Along with the discount coupon they provided, the price was ridiculous cheap for great service and a great plan that came with ssh access too

The control is so amazing that I wish they provided hosting for other services too, like ventrilo :P

(Update June 1st, 2011)
Its been a while since my initial review however I have had to work with DreamHost again for a client of mine and I can't say it has been the BEST experience, however I can't say that they could do much in any case.

My client had a high volume site but he wanted a cheap hosting so he went with DreamHost. Setup and payment was perfect and everything went smoothly. However it seems that DreamHost really can't take much of a load and there isn't much you can do to tweak any settings (it is a shared host after all).

Another thing I did not like was the fact that they did not allow us to set TTL's for our DNS records, really comes in handy during moves... Other than that however its good all good.

member for 10.7 years, 3297 visits, last login: a few hours ago