Fairpoint Communications page on DSLReports

Review by ajeff See Profile

• Location: Orleans,Orleans,VT
Good "Rock solid 15meg down, 1meg up"
Bad "None yet"
Overall "After years of the worst internet service on the planet (Great Auk Wireless) FP is like going to heaven."

The morning DSL went live in Westmore I received a call from a FP sales agent who signed me up and a modem was on my doorstep in 48 hours. Hooked up myself and a tech showed up about 2 weeks later to tweak my 30 year old lines - now get the 15meg down anywhere in the house. Lost the Westell modem (junk!) during a thunder storm and a new one was overnighted - can't complain about the service. In dealing with FP on a professional basis, 3 things ring clear: 1) The sales and support people are located in the US and speak perfect English 2) The sales & support people really want to help and solve any problems 3) The sales and support people don't always have all the tools necessary to accomplish #2.

1/26/12 6 months later everything still rock solid....

10/15/12 I hate to be boring but everything is still rock solid - no glitches whatsoever to report. I might suggest changing out the modem/router. I never have to reboot my Netgear DGN2200 ($20 delivered on Ebay). Running Voip.ms and Googlevoice out of an Obi 110 with no issues.

4/25/13 Still rock solid!

11/3/13 No change!

4/7/14 More boring news - still rock solid. BUT - FP lowered my monthly charge by $8 when I called to ask about their latest promotion.

member for 6.9 years, 2844 visits, last login: a few hours ago