Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by Anzio See Profile

• Location: Innisfil,ON
Good "Fast, seems to be reliable, easy/painless setup"
Bad "Line confusion (Not Acanacs fault)"
Overall "Extremely good value, seems to be reliable"

·Start Communicat..
We signed up for Acanac a few months ago, and are satisfied with the service. Ran into a few hiccups during installation due to our offices telephone system, but a quick re-wiring fixed this. Activated within a few days, and was up and running within a week.

A few disconnections happen every now and then, but that's not Acanacs fault (more likely our lines hookup).

Speed is steady at 5Mbps and 800Kbps up. (Business plan).

The modem is horrible in my opinion. If it handles the PPPoE connection, it gives my Apple Base Station an internal IP. But that doesn't bother me too much.

Tech support is extremely unhelpful (when asking about my line stats), but I'll just avoid tech support and solve issues on my own.

Comments:
Lynn
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Acanac, Inc.

Sorry to hear about your experience with support. I really would try again with support if you have any further problems.
Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON
·Start Communicat..

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Thanks for the response! I'm sure if I stuck with support, I'd get probably get past the whole "unplug the modem and bypass the router" typical technical support response (which I unfortunately received). From the looks of things, I won't be needing support anyway. Things are running great.

Thanks!!
Lynn
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

2 edits

Re: Acanac, Inc.

Great to hear. If you have any problems please pm one of us or give our support team a call.