Acanac page on DSLReports

• Location: m1e5k
Bad "Customer Service unapologetic about incorrect info posted site"
Overall "Misleading website"

I was looking to get internet and a voip phone and decided to go with Acanac because on their website it is highlighted that their phone service (0.0$/mth when ordering high speed internet) comes with Free Long Distance in "U.S & Canada". After ordering the cable internet on their website, I called in to find out how my phone service gets activated and then learned long distance was ONLY free in CANADA only NOT U.S.=A0 So I e-mailed their customer service about this misleading information on their website and asked them to honor what is on their website. Instead of apologizing for the misleading information and or offering to have this corrected on the website, they simply said the correct information=A0 is at the bottom of the site. I was very disappointed in this response and have e-mailed billing@acanac.com to cancel my internet service if they cannot honor this. I will go with a company that stands behind their words.

(review was emailed from domain rogers.com)

Comments:

Fergless
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, however it is mentioned further down the page.
quote:
Pricing Availability & Discounts

*All terms are due up front. If you sign up for the lowest rate then you are likely on the 1 year term. You will be billed the entire term up front and then billed on a yearly basis. Our Free Home service promo only inlcludes free calling within Canada. If you require free calling to the U.S please don't use the promo code.
And again on the order page.
quote:
Free Home Phone Service. How does it work?

If you're a NEW Customer that orders DSL or Cable High Speed Internet term, you can have a free Home Phone service for that term. For example: If you order a 3 month term for DSL or Cable, you will receive a 3 month term of our Home Phone service for free. If you order a 12 month term then same would apply. This is for new Customers only and free calling is only within Canadian provinces.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Acanac Inc.

You are cancelling your internet service because you are getting a FREE phone that INCLUDES long distance in Canada but not the US? I think you are getting a pretty good deal for being free. Fergie is right, it does state there and on the order form not to use promo code if you require long distance in the US.

hbanibashar

@acanac.net

Re: Acanac Inc.

acanac falsley had my profile changed to interleave it has ruined my life and they have simply lied about having it fixed ...
weeks later i'm still on interleave and they do not give a freaking shit
most pathetic half-assed lousy money stealing service wont even put me on fast path to fix their bullshit mistake...

Re: Acanac Inc.

hbanibashar instead of cursing on here send me your user name on your account and I will have a look at it. You might use that language elsewhere but we do not use it here.

acncntfrind

@wtccommunications.ca

Re: Acanac Inc.

I agree that Acanac does not proves a good service. It is cheap but not good. When I had issues with them, they would not reply to emails and I received a run-around. They only time I did get prompt replies was when I posted messages like hbanibashar did. That was when they were all polite and eager to help. If you (Acanac) have two different messages on the website and one contradicts the other. And more than one person falls for it. It must mean that something is wrong, but you can just quote the fine print. Because that is the sincere way to do it. Thanks for being polite about it. I wonder where do you use that language. When you laugh at everyone off-line?

Re: Acanac Inc.

I have never laughed at the customers off line and don't find it in the least bit funny when they have problems. "Where do i use that language", you ask? No where is my answer. I can express myself without having to resort to potty mouth.

Re: Acanac Inc.

dear lynn... i don't owe you an apology you got worthless people wasting my time over and over liyin gto my face...
all i ask for 10 times multiple tickets... multiple confirmations.. i even called... they lie to my face.. ok sir will put you baCK ON fast profile? what is so hard? why waste weeks of my time? and then you're mad about my potty mouth? well too bad buddy? do you how low it is for youre reps to mess with me lie to me? waste my time? for what? it's a simple profile change? should i put the freaking logs from weeks on end? you owe me service that i have payed for in advance to advance your company... yet you have bullshit childish customer rep trying their best to slack off and rip peopple off and the proof is RIGHT THERE... I iwll not leave you alone until i get fast profile again... it is not a big request and if you're company just wants to lie to me over and over.. the log is there.. it's pathetic.... and you know it ... you might be damage control... but enough is enough... if i got the SIMPLE request i made 10 times... multiple ways.. i would not be here wasting my time... or justifying why im swearing here... you put me and my family on hold... and have the nerve to get mad at me sweraing??? i can't even get an intelligent response from these tickets i write... give me a break man.. GIVE ME A BREAK as an adult... GIVE ME A BREAK...

Re: Acanac Inc.

Never asked you for an apology and I am not mad at the language. I just said you can express yourself without using it here.
I see Fegie is working on your problems on the Acanac forum. I have no access to tec files here.

Hello,

Please note that Bell set your dsl speed profile to interleave to remove the cap from your download speed. Then your connection is getting stable and you wont experience any intermittent connection. We tried to put your line back to fast path mode, but Bell rejected our request due to technical reasons. Please accept our apology for this matter.

Your another ticket as regards to transferring to Cable internet has been replied in our billing department. You can see the ticket GQG-91782.

Best Regards,
Acanac Inc.
this is why i'm mad..after weeks of me begging and pleading telling them it was unnecessary
your tech support had the audacity to tell me oh you can switch to cable and bla bla bla..
it will only cost
99.99 for modem
50bux activation
AND the difference for the year
OOOH WOOPTIDOOO! 200BUX LATER and god knows weeks of waiting for the new install WHICH I WONT PAY YOU FOR LOLLLLL how stupid do you think i am?
deny me a simple profile change when it was not even necessary in the first place..
they cant eve fix a mistake
why does an isp even exist if they can't do anything for you but take your money and SUGGEST you spend more when they mess up and can't do a simple profile change back? amazing wow utterly amazing...
500bux for a year
not im on a massive latency service that wont work with most my programs
i guess I GOTA SETTLE FOR SLOWLY SURFING THE WEB THANKS LYNN I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY CASH
but i'm going to keep on whining and whining and whining
and whining and calling some legal service to get some sort of resolution against a company that has left me with my hands tied and telling me to WATCH MY MOUTH after months of stressfull BULLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT ... if i can't use my internet the way i want i guess i have nothing left todo but take my free time and just go on and on about what a fail acanac is... unbelievable unfreaking believable take money for a year in advance and tell me NO to a profile change...

Fergless
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Re: Acanac Inc.

Just so you know, we tried to get Bell to change it 2 times and they refused.

I't s pretty much out of our hands to try again as it will just be the same reply from Bell.

Really wished we could have got it straightened out but it wasn't to be.

Can you not switch to Cable and have your DSL credited towards it.

Tks

Re: Acanac Inc.

so you're going to send me the docsis 3 modem and wave the installation fee $50? i believe the modem is 99 with tax $115 *feints.. sure ill pay the difference after ... mayb if you send me the modem i can convince the family for the expense of the rest...

Scarborough, ON
did i mention i paid bell a $100 to install a master filter ... ordered other filters for the phone another 20 i'm just bleeding money here.. bleeding.. bleediing........ dead

Re: Acanac Inc.

We are not responsible for inside wiring, filters, jacks. We are only responsible for the connection up to the demark which is on the side of your home. Anything after the demark is customers responsibility.

Scarborough, ON
i was just confirming that you're happily suggesting i have to spend over 200bux on the issue to change to cable so it's not a matter of pay the difference... but ya you go on and act ignorant on the subject it amuses me it really does again 120 modem 50 activation before the "difference paying even comes in for the 12 months duuuuh that might be the customers responsibility but apparently you wont/cant change my profile so any other company would grant an easy change to cable for their failure on the matter.. but you're clever so you're gona act like you didn't fail on anything because i read all over the internet people saying acanac wont change you to fast path... so you wasted 1month of what you know to tell me exactly what others have been told... it's a policy rather then a oops...we cant do it... i can link those but i already saw you commenting on them so i know YOU Know that you think you fooled me but no sir you didn't

Re: Acanac Inc.

said by azmoden:apparently you wont/cant change my profile so any other company would grant an easy change to cable for their failure on the matter.. but you're clever so you're gona act like you didn't fail on anything because i read all over the internet people saying acanac wont change you to fast path... so you wasted 1month of what you know to tell me exactly what others have been told... it's a policy rather then a oops...we cant do it...
[/BQUOTE :

You have been told on both forums and numerous times and even by a second level tec that we sent a ticket in and we also called Bell for you to try to get them to change your profile to fast path. THEY have refused and only Bell knows the reasons why. You can keep blaming Acanac if you choose to but Bell makes those decisions not us. I don't know how much clearer any of the agents or tecs can make that that you will finally understand that BELL is making the decision.

Re: Acanac Inc.

ok so what would YOU do? just sit there and take it? connection is no good for any online gaming.. i have to order something new now eventhough i've paid for 1year since november... on second year term....

Scarborough, ON
they wont even offer me a deal to change to cable... their like pay for a year and we might do the accounting properly so that you get a refund for most of it back... oh lord pay for a fresh year some 500 odd bucks 100for modem 50 activation... like 800bux you're trying to strong arm me into spending... atleast do something more then tell me oh there is nothing we can do nope nothing how does that reassure me...you think just because you say no i should shutup and play dead? if you're a bell customer and you talk to them they'll change it.. if ur with acanac oh no bell is holding them hostage they wont do it! ooooooowoowowo! woooptidooo!!!! i read the forums and that's their answer to everything.. sorry bell wont do it.. refund for 8months and ill leave you alone.. at the very least i can let everyone else know what their in for..