Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by turk See Profile

• Location: Honey Harbour,ON
Good "Price is good. Best deal for the money."
Bad "Some misinformation about what is included. Unable to port number"
Overall "Seems good so far"

·ELECTRONICBOX
Ordered 6M package only getting 5M best but that may be due to phone lines(old) Price $29/month on 12 month pay ahead contract. Order went well.
Modem is NetVito 5300 seems ok.
Free dry loop and voip phone thrown in.
No phone tech support on weekends. Email support questionable.

Had Acanac for one year and had no problems with DSL other than 5.0M max speed. They could not port my phone number ever.
Canceled service after first year because I don't wish to pay in advance for full year and the price rose to $37.99 for unlimited. They insist this is the best price around but that is not quite true. They really did not offer any incentive to stay so will try someone else.

Comments:
Lynn

Acanac inc.

Glad to hear everything went well. I can tell you that emails usually get answered in 24-48 business hours.

Alex514

@bell.ca

Re: Acanac inc.

Lynn, I was thinking of going with ACANAC but have found many horrible reviews and now I am doubting the company.

Here are some questions that may help me decide.

1. Some people complain that they have very slow connection and you (Acanac) blame Bell for it. As in you put in the request to switch the user to "Fast Profile" and Bell refused to do so. Can I find out if I will be denied the "faster speed" before getting the contract with you? Can you contact Bell and find out?

2. I was looking at the silver $43.95 plan (including the free phone service. Now, will I be able to keep the same phone number as I have now? (514) area. Also, besides paying the 12x43.95$ in one shot what other fees are there? Activation? Modem? VoIP phone?

Alex
·Cogeco Cable

Re: Acanac inc.

Alex to answer your questions:

1)If you want to pm me with your full mailing address I can check to see what speed comes up for your area. Now, it will give me an approx. speed but at least we will have an idea by the results if the speed in that area is good or very slow. if you ever have speed problems I will tell you the tec department will do their best to boost your speed up.

2)Yes you can port your phone number over as long as you keep your current phone line active until we do get it ported over. Once it has been disconnected we can not port a number over.

All fees are listed below for the silver service:

Installation fee 75.00
Modem 49.95
Shipping 9.95
Dry Loop 8.00

Re: Acanac inc.

Alex about your street address. Is that a Rue, lane etc? Answered you in pm.
Trenton, ON
We do port numbers in now.
·Cogeco Cable

Re: Acanac inc.

Regarding the number, you can keep your old number to use it with your Acanac phone service by porting the old number to Acanac. We do ask that you keep your current phone line active until we get it ported over as we can not port it over once it has been disconnected.

To proceed with porting your number please fill out the Porting form through the following link:

»www.acanac.com/porting

Note: porting procedure may take up to one month depending on the carrier.