Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by alpilipen See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Promo price"
Bad "Slow speed, Unable to unsubscribe."
Overall "Avoid this company if you don't want to be fooled"

Usually I do not write reviews but hey made me to do this,

I signed up for their service in November 2011. The price on promo was good.

I signed for ADSL 6/0.8 however my download speed never was more then 4.1. I talked to Bell technician and he told me that I should get speed of 5 mbps in my area. I was ready for 5 mbps due to the ADSL technology but not 4. If I get 30% speed less I should pay 30% less. I called customer service for the first month hoping to improve the speed. They suggested to check laptop, modem and wires. I borrowed all that staff from my friends but the speed did not rise. Finally they said we can do nothing.

But the worst thing happened when I started the process of my cancellation the account. having read so many reviews on this site about the same problem i decided to be prepared. I reviewed User Agreement regarding service cancellation and sent them e-mail 1 month before my end of 12 month term.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Billing. All terms are due up front. If you sign up for the lowest rate then you are likely on the 1 year term. You will be billed the entire term up front and then billed on a yearly basis. All credit cards are billed automatically on their renewal dates. If you do not want to renew your account please cancel the account on or before the renewal date. Cancellations must be done by e-mail and sent to accounting@acanac.com or billing@acanac.com. Please make sure you obtain the cancellation ID or ticket number for your request to confirm cancellation of service.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
my e-mail:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing you to inform you that I want to cancel my account. My account period finishes November 15, 2012 so please terminate my account on that day.
The phone # under the account is ###########.

Regards,
********************.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I did everything according to the User Agreement. However on November 30th i received an e-mail that I was charged 134$ for soft Phone. So I cancelled my account (my Internet was not working since November 15th) but anyway they charged me. The only description to this action from Acanac is THEFT. Yes Acanac has stolen money from my account.
At the moment I try to get my money back sending them e-mails (already more than 10). For two weeks no result. They even do not pay attention to their User Agreement and to the fact that I did everything according to the agreement.

I already contacted Visa department of my bank and reported THEFT. Will see what they can do.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME - AVOID ACANAC!!!

2 weeks ago I sent them an e-mail requesting refund and explaining them that I did everything according to the User's Policy. And they decided best way is to ignore customers.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THEY STILL MONEY AND DO NOT RESPOND TO E-MAILS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PURE SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BE AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Comments:
pmicho

join:2012-08-24
Montreal, QC

worst customer support ever

You'll get your money back. But they will make you fight for it. I still dont understand how this company is still doing business. Worst customer service ever. I got my money back after threatening to go to small claims court.

Toronto, ON

Re: worst customer support ever

Well excellent Idea! The law on our side!
Gorz

join:2008-11-23
Lachine, QC
"I still dont understand how this company is still doing business"

I do not understand why people are doing business with this company.

There are tens of similar stories. It is very simple, there are bunch good companies out there.
Acanac takes money upfront then plays all sorts of games.

STAY AWAY FROM ACANAC. ACANAC IS A SCAM.

Toronto, ON

Please PM me your account info.

If anyone needs help with their issues, please feel free to PM me your Acanac Internet account info, and I'll see what I can do to help.

my recent Ticket ID is CRM-86866
Mi Ticket ID dated October is XNA-33084

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
A.

Re: Please PM me your account info.

Please check their last reply to CRM-86866 Today.

Tks

Re: Please PM me your account info.

According to the letter they want to charge me for one month. But why should I pay for the service if I did not ordered it? And why should mistakes made by Acanac should be supported from my pocket? Isn't it stupid to ask me if I want to cancel my account now however I requested that 2 month ago!

IT is unacceptable! I demand FULL AND COMPLETE refund! I should be paid full! The money that were stolen by ACANAC should be returned. Even 10$! I'd better give them to charity rather then to thieves.

People save your money! Avoid Acanac! Don't be fooled!!!

Hi

I 'm still working on it, will let you know the outcome.

Tks

PS: It's for 1 month of VoIP Service.

Re: Please PM me your account info.

Even if it is 12$ they are mine! By the way I did not use Voip.
I asked to cancel my account so why should I pay? It is like going to grocery pay the bill and do not take anything. Is that fine?

Re: Please PM me your account info.

I'm working on it alpilipen, can you please wait?
I think the problem with your cancellation is it wasn't clear that you wanted to cancel the VoIP as well.

Sorry but I can't do more than I'm doing right now as I only have a Ticket # to go on. It would be better if you registered on this forum and PM'd me your account info.

bb7fw

join:2012-12-22
Hello,

My Ticket ID: ZUO-77031

I don't have an Acanac Internet account, because i just applied for a special internet plan, then i received an email from Acanac telling me that """ they can't provide me with any special rate again as already this address/Tel#/customer...already have this special before, Since I already have their promotional rate so I may apply only for regular rate, to email billing@acanac.com to renew or extend your current account."""

So i did not sent an email to billing@acanac.com to renew or extend anything.

I was was surprised that they took money from my Credit card without my authorization (they Took : On Dec 9th 2012 $573,31 , On Dec 10th 2012 $108.48 then On Dec 2012 $45.14).

I send an email to sales@acanac.com and I CC billing@acanac.com to resolve this issue, then they advised to send the last statement to billing@acanac.com. I send it .

Till now i don't know way they took $726,94 from credit card.
And i will not pay the problem that you are sure have with your system.

Maybe its time to start twitting.
amrs

join:2012-12-30
Hi

I was wondering if you can help me acanac has billed my visa card twice for a service i dont have or never had. i found out my visa card is on an account but i dont know this person or authorised my card to be used. i contacted billing and they told me that they wont refund nor remove my card off the account until they have another card to use.

I have asked for a refund of $282.00 the money charged plus 2 bank charges i have occurred.

this is illegal to charge a card without authorisation verbal or written from the card holder. never-mind i dont have an account with acanac.

acanac as now refused to deal with me. please can you tell me how i can contact thier legal department and ombudsman details

any help would be appreciated i just want my money back and stop the visa charges.

Re: Please PM me your account info.

Can you PM me your account info please amrs?

Sounds familiar did I check on this before?

ama

OK
amrs

join:2012-12-30
I have sent you this before and i have not heard anything back

You have committed fruad on my visa card. i dont have an account not have i given you permission to use it

please have my card refunded. if this is not done i will take this to court.

said by amrs:

I have sent you this before and i have not heard anything back

please have my card refunded. if this is not done i will take this to court.

I haven't to the best of my knowledge received any PM's from you.

Please contact billing@acanac.com to resolve your issue.

Toronto, ON

No reply from Acanac for 1 week!!!

Now Acanac decided to ignore me! They even do not reply to my e-mail since December 14th (already 1 week). Avoid this company! If you are already with Acanac be very attentive they may already have stolen your money!

index

join:2013-02-07

How long does Acanac take to reply a cancellation?!

Fergless can you please tell me how long does ACANAC take to reply for a cancellation request email and why does it take so long?