Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by darrinmc9 See Profile

• Location: Cambridge,ON
Good "Great speeds and reliability"
Bad "Have to pay 1 year upfront"
Overall "Best kept secret alternative ISP"

I was with Teksavvy DSL for years which has been great but recently they suffered from evening congestion which shouldn't happen with DSL, it is well known with their cable Kitchener POI has this problem. I wanted better speed as Netflix has been used heavily the past year driving up my bandwidth usage and affecting the VOIP phones. Acanac had the best startup cost to switch to cable and get a Docis 3 modem, and there was no negative reviews about downtime or reliability so I decided to give them a try. Glad that I did.

Phenomenal speed, even in the evenings I don't get throttled. I reached out to billing twice, once to adjust my actual start date, and also to turn off the auto renewal so I have the option to choose what I want to do next year. Both requests were taken care of in less than 24 hours which is promising. I'm looking forward to trying out the VPN service and online storage along with other goodies they throw in. Now I have no issues with downloading, watching netflix, and surfing the net at the same time. My router says I have 15 devices connected to the internet, this upgrade was way overdue!

New users should read the Acanac forums on their own website, most of the complaints I've seen could have been avoided.by reading the Acanac forums website ahead of time.

Darrin.