Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by chickenla See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Good value when prepaying for 12 month service. Free SSH Tunnel and online FTP account is icing on the cake."
Bad "Slow support, takes almost 2 days for them to answer an online ticket."
Overall "Great service if your lucky enough not to have to deal with support."

·CIKTEL Telecom
I researched a lot of the ISP's in my area for their pricing. I went with Acanac since they seem to have to cheap price for an unlimited bandiwth plan when you prepay for 12 months.

I originally bought the 18mbps cable service at the higher pricing point awhile back and they upgraded me to 28mbps service at no charge.

Installation was pretty easy. The Rogers technician set up a temp cable line along my fence into the house. They later dug the line into the ground a monthish later.

At the time I ordered a Motorola SURFboard SB5101U for the 18mbps cable service. It has no problem doing 28mbps when the upgrade was placed. (West end of Missisauga).

I honestly did not see much throttling if any. My torrents can use 100% of the bandwidth and I did not see my speeds slow down even during peak hours.

Only complaint I had with Acanac is that they took around 2 days to answer the billing tickets online. Technical support was great though.

Overall the value offered is great, no complaints when I was with them for 2 years. I've switched ISP's at the begining of April 2013 though.

Comments: