Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by Sly_North See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Very fast, cheap, reliable so far"
Bad "Communication during installation"
Overall "Very happy"

Hi I ordered a cable installation on a Monday through the form on the Acanac site. I then received several emails and a date of installation. On the due day, no technician came home.

I called the sell service and I was told the installation date was only informative but it was not a confirmed date, and that I was to take another appointment. Thus, why bothering giving me a date in the email if it's useless? The email should have asked me to call to take an appointment. Such a lost of time... 2 days later a Videotron technician showed up and I had working Internet a couple of hours later.

The connection is FAST: it's supposed to be 30/10 Mbsp up/down; instead I get 31.3 up / 10.7 down Mbps: »www.speedtest.net/result/2862598225.png

Since then I ordered VOIP phone, while porting my phone number. Another communication issue: I found the procedure on dslreports.com, not on Acanac's website. They do give the url of the phone number port form on the phone, but clicking on a link would be more convenient than typing an url which is given on the phone... So for newcomers, the phone + number proting procedure is: fill in the subscription form, and this form: »acanac.com/porting/

I was able to find instruction to set up my Linksys RT31P2 and it works like a charm. From forms to activation and number porting, it took a week.

All in all, I'm very happy with the service and the price, I just wished the web site was more informative.

Comments: