Northland Cable Television page on DSLReports

Review by overtimeman See Profile

• Location: Central,Pickens,SC
Good "Good value for the money on triple pay."
Bad "Analog Cable looks so 80's"
Overall "Been more than satisfied so far with overall service."

I've been a Northland user for five years now.When I bought a new TV I made sure it had a QAM tuner so I could get their free HD.It has the locals, the sports channels,food network and the E channel.Still have their triple play package and they have increased their internet to12/1.The phone service has been right up there with AT&T since they figured out the installer used the wrong gage of cable from the pole to the house.Even though the analog channels are well analog the 22 free HD channels more than make up for it.The internet service is great enough to stream two devices at one time and no caps yet.They even will sell you a Roku unit but I bought mine used off E Bay.So overall I am more than satisfied with Northland Cable out of Seneca S.C.Like everything else the price does increase but I feel I'm getting more than my moneys worth.If you have a problem their service department is always on time and that is rare these days!Well DARN they took ESPN off the free HD channels than came with the QAM tuner.Enjoyed seeing my Clemson Tigers Play in HD.Been thinking about dropping cable and telephone and just keep the internet and go back to Dish.

Comments:
join:2012-06-11

You are too kind. LOL

My folks live nearby and also have Northland Cable TV. They do NOT have their internet service because the price is outrageous!

Analog TV service is bad to horrible on many channels and customer service isn't too concerned if you are satisfied or not.

Northland is one of the worst second tier cable providers in the country. I continually see customers complaining about them often.
overtimeman

join:2006-11-11
Central, SC

Re: You are too kind. LOL

But it is the only high speed internet I can get so I have no choice.AT&T ran a fiber optic cable through our neighborhood in December 2009 but they have no idea when it will be running.So I make the best out of a bad situation.