T-Mobile US page on DSLReports

Review by mahermusic See Profile

• Location: U.S.A.
Good "Never a dropped call, GREAT customer service, call quality"
Bad "None that I can think of"
Overall "T-Mobile represents the BEST in cellphone plans, PERIOD!"

·Vonage
I've had T-Mobile as my only cellphone provider since I first subscribed on July 27, 2000. Actually, it wasn't T-Mobile then, it was VoiceStream (remember them?), and my sim card, which is my original one, actually says VoiceStream! I've never had a dropped call on T-Mobile. Been able to talk in buildings (where others had to press up against a window or go outside), call quality has always been superior since day one, and 4G has been fantastic. (Everywhere I have traveled, T-Mobile has had a 4G network up and running. My wife and I are each grandfathered in on the old T-Mobile Nationwide Talk & Text. It includes 300 anytime minutes, 300 text messages, 30 picture messages, free T-Zones internet and free weekends for $29.99. If we ever change plans, we can never get our plans back, so we don't intend on moving away from the plans we've had over the past decade! All-in-all, we'll never leave T-Mobile. No other cell provider comes close!

Comments:
fixrman
join:2003-02-10
Hatboro, PA

T- Mobile Service

After 8 years with T-Mobile, I had to cancel. Too bad the merger [with AT&T] didn't go through because I think that really hurt T-Mobile. After needing cell service and not being able to get a signal until I walked nearly a 1/4 mile - with a tower in plain sight - I had to switch to something more reliable.

T-Mobile's pricing was great, customer service generally excellent, but in the end the signal availability killed the deal for me. I did have a few problems over the years, the most recent problem phone upgrades, but since it was free upgrading I dealt with it. In the end they made good and the folks who fixed the issues were very helpful.

If the service improves in my area, I would consider going back, but since we use cell phones only I have to be able to have reliable cell service. They want to charge me an ETF and have sent me a bill for that: $800.00 for four phones. I immediately of course contested the charges because it is unreasonable to expect such lousy coverage in this day and age. Even in my own neighborhood, I had dropped calls when turning corners on my mobile phone! Get it together, T-Mobile!
"from a broken heart to a hole in the sky"