| Review by nightdesigns |
member for 10.9 years, 5622 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 1.5 years ago
- $40 per month
- (24 month contract)
- about 7 days
- "Good Coverage, very easy setup/install, decent speeds"
- "Peak times come to a crawl"
- "If you need mobile broadband for several devices, it's a pretty good deal"
|Pre Sales Information:|
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)
I was looking for a mobile broadband device that I could use on several devices (cell phone, laptop, etc). I got the T-Mobile® 4G Mobile HotSpot which is a pretty nifty device. Connects to 4g, built in 5 device wi-fi and has a built in battery. Pretty much turn it on, connect to it, configure a few settings (just like setting up a wi-fi access point) and go.
Coverage is pretty good. I get a full 4G signal in the primary place that I've used it. Also good coverage along most of the major highways that I've used it.
1) At peak times (5-6 pm) speeds come to a crawl. Appears to be more of a DNS lookup issue than actual capacity
2) with the device itself, if nothing is connected to it for about 10 minutes, it will go into a standby mode. Sometimes you can hit a button and it comes back to life, other times you need to power cycle.