T-Mobile US page on DSLReports

Review by sk1939 See Profile

• Location: Laurel,Prince Georges,MD
Good "Cheap, decent 4G speeds, good coverage area."
Bad "Does not work in tunnels, some rural areas, metro/train stations."
Overall "Decent cost/benefit for Voice and Data"

I first got T Mobile way back before Cingular merged with AT&T to form AT&T Wireless. At the time I was using AT&T prepaid, but somehow during the transition with Cingular (around 2005), I not only lost service, but lost my entire account as well. Still needing a cell phone I signed up with T-Mobile which included 300 minutes for what was a relatively reasonable $25 a month (never used all of them). A few years later, around 2007, I moved to a family plan that I have been happy with, and added data and text to a single line for a few dollars more a month. All in all, 3 lines with text ($5 for 500 messages) and 200MB ($15) on one line for

member for 4.1 years, 1675 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

$30 Unlimited Data?

Have you noticed they are selling a plan with Unlimited Data and Text for just $30/mo no contract at Walmart? Only 100 minutes though. The plan with Unlimited Data, Voice and Text is $50. Not sure how you get it exactly, looks like buying a new phone is required.
sk1939
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA

Re: $30 Unlimited Data?

I hadn't noticed actually. However, I do have 3 lines on this plan, two of which are still under contract.
tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
·T-Mobile US
·Speakeasy
I'm currently using the 5GB-4G .. over 2G unlimited messaging, $30 Walmart plan. And yes, I did purchase a Samsung exhibit II 4g from a local Walmart store for $199.

And if you charge up your account with a few extra $, extra minutes over 100 a month are $0.10 per minute.

All in all .. it's a good deal..